Capitol Armory ad

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I know it didn't work out too well for them with one Texan. He was just a wacko who though he was Jesus (really). Oh, and a child molester. He was that too.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I know it didn't work out too well for them with one Texan. He was just a wacko who though he was Jesus (really). Oh, and a child molester. He was that too.
    And just what did David Koresh do that required a full-blown para-military response complete with armor? Alleged weapons offenses and a Messiah Complex? Maybe we should round up all the people who think Obama is the next Messiah.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Veteran, TEA party member, believe in the Constitution, born in Canada: 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    And just what did David Koresh do that required a full-blown para-military response complete with armor? Alleged weapons offenses and a Messiah Complex? Maybe we should round up all the people who think Obama is the next Messiah.

It was a show of force that turned really ugly. The a t f had no idea what they were stepping into down there. If they wanted him, the SOB jogged up and down the round outside the compound. I almost hit him one day. And he was all over town, but spent a lot of time at the NAPA parts store in town.

He needed to be stopped, not for the guns, but for the dozen or so 12 to 15 year old girls he was molesting. I can over look the messiah complex, and I was onboard with the gun thing (they had zero full auto weapons, and I think everyone was cleared of all weapons charges), but the kid thing was heinous.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It was a show of force that turned really ugly. The a t f had no idea what they were stepping into down there. If they wanted him, the SOB jogged up and down the round outside the compound. I almost hit him one day. And he was all over town, but spent a lot of time at the NAPA parts store in town.

He needed to be stopped, not for the guns, but for the dozen or so 12 to 15 year old girls he was molesting. I can over look the messiah complex, and I was onboard with the gun thing (they had zero full auto weapons, and I think everyone was cleared of all weapons charges), but the kid thing was heinous.

OK. Needed to be stopped. Watched a documentary about that disaster. It was either the sheriff or local chief that said he knew him. Could have picked him up for the feds any time.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    All those kids and women didn't deserve what happened even if Koresh did.

I completely agree, and I think anyone with a half a brain knows those in charge were at fault. The a t f was losing funding and went there to show how tough they could be.

Through a weird set of circumstances, I met some of those people and they were two things: 1-honest hard working people and 2- in need of someone to follow. While I felt the theology part was way off, it's their right to be wrong. The whole thing was a lose / lose situation.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I completely agree, and I think anyone with a half a brain knows those in charge were at fault. The a t f was losing funding and went there to show how tough they could be.

Through a weird set of circumstances, I met some of those people and they were two things: 1-honest hard working people and 2- in need of someone to follow. While I felt the theology part was way off, it's their right to be wrong. The whole thing was a lose / lose situation.

I was a kid when that went down. I really think it is what "politicized" me.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I held no fondness for Koresh either, it was how the Feds felt they had to crush him and and his followers that resulted in the deaths of so many innocents that opened my eyes. Previous to Waco and Ruby Ridge, I was a big time supporter of "Law and Order". Those two events were a watershed moment for me and ever since I view federal authorities with a jaundiced eye.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I held no fondness for Koresh either, it was how the Feds felt they had to crush him and and his followers that resulted in the deaths of so many innocents that opened my eyes. Previous to Waco and Ruby Ridge, I was a big time supporter of "Law and Order". Those two events were a watershed moment for me and ever since I view federal authorities with a jaundiced eye.

You and me both. My dad was LE, and I pretty much held the view they could do no wrong. Those events changed my attitude forever.

atticus finch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013

There are accounts written by the few survivors where the child molestation thing was in thier eyes, part of thier faith. They did not see his taking what they called 'spiritual wives' as wrongdoing, it was part of thier understanding of whatever section of scripture they were looking at. From the accounts I read, they believed he was the messiah and according to whatever section of scripture they were looking at, he was supposed to do this. In perhaps simpler terms, molestation implies what he was doing was something done without the consent or the knowledge of the parents and according to them it was not the case.
    Neither from thier accounts was what he was doing as widespread or extensive as has been reported.
    I agree with you thier understanding of scripture was way off & it does bring up a very thorny question, what is acceptable or proper under religious freedom? No matter the answer to that question, which will likely devolve into a 10+ page crapstorm should it be discussed. Given there were teenage kids involved my answer is not acceptable as it is not acceptable within our civil or societal stds under a certain level of age. However nothing involving that question by any means justified what was done to those people, nothing.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    With Waco- the ATF shouldn't have been involved. If they thought that he was a threat the local cops/sheriffs/whoever could've picked him up.
    This is an example of how great the Feds handle stuff. Have fun with obamacare.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    With Waco- the ATF shouldn't have been involved. If they thought that he was a threat the local cops/sheriffs/whoever could've picked him up.
    This is an example of how great the Feds handle stuff. Have fun with obamacare.
    I wonder how long before Obamacare has it's own enforcement arm?

Top Bottom