DK Firearms

Seen the prices at the Bullet Trap? Jeez louise....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nestromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Watauga, TX
    I have always had great luck at Winchester Gallery too. Very friendly people there (if a little bit dumb sometimes). Much like the others, don't trust the website for prices etc.
    Military Camp

sltintexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    I used to be a big fan and a defender of bullet trap. I had my first absolutely horrible experience tonight. I am a member there and shoot about once every week or two. I frequent the family night or ladies night so I can either bring my wife or my parents. Tonight I went with my wife. Mac put us in a lane. It seemed like they had the ventalation running a little slower than usual. The smoke was blowing back on us which I don't like. I went in talked to a guy there and asked to be moved. I wish I would have gotten his name. He has worked there a long time, he knows his stuff and he was nice. He let me move to another lane in one of the other rooms. We go back to shooting. The smoke/fumes were going down range as they should.... in walks Mac. He said did "they" move you. I said no, I asked if we could move because the ventalation was pulling the smoke back on us. He said "we" are trying to keep this room clear. I gather up all my stuff again and move. He moves us to a lane that again, is pulling the smoke back on us. A few minutes later, I see people in the room I just vacated. I asked Mac about it (politely) and he said we keep it clear until we need to put people in there. He did a few more punk things and was a basic pain the rest of the night.

I'm gonna have to think if I want to go back there. I have never had a really bad experience before that, although I have had a few that were less than ideal. I usually go in there, shoot, and leave... don't know what was up Mac rear tonight.

I wish there were places closer. Now that the two places off of 380 are closed BT can act like they want but people are kind of chained to them if they want a convenient place to shoot.

on a side note, by parents shoot at winchester gallery and they ALWAYS talk about how nice it is. My dad is a new shooter and they took the time to really help them out.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    winchester lets you shoot as fast as you can control it,never any no rapid fire crap. you need to practice shooting fast because thats what you're going to do when you have to pull your weapon and defend your life. i dont think anyone in imminent danger will space their shots out 2 seconds apart. if anything shoot fast and make sure your weapon is reliable in doing so. winchester is the only indoor range i'll go to really. i shot at the shooters club a few times and no one ever bothered me about rapid fire either. good ranges are out there,just gotta find them. hell jake and i rapid fired my glock 19 with a 33rd mag,FUN. and we shot osama bin laden in the nuts while sighting in the new red dot on my AR. :)

Top Bottom