• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    What did that run you? How available are selector switches for Glocks?

I don't understand the legality of this since the sear components are not serialized on a handgun. How can you put it on a 3rd Generation (read: post ban) handgun?

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Probably because he is an FFL/SOT & its a post sample machinegun.

Looks like its a nicely done conversion.

whit128

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Central Texas, Williamson County
    What did that run you? How available are selector switches for Glocks?

I don't understand the legality of this since the sear components are not serialized on a handgun. How can you put it on a 3rd Generation (read: post ban) handgun?

The auto sear is serial numbered, I have one on my G20 as well. I bought these through my department and they will have to remain with the department when I get a good job like Dcortez. The sear works like the AR15 drop in auto sear (dias), whatever rifle it is installed on becomes the machine gun, these sears are multi Glock so that will work on any Glock.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The auto sear is serial numbered, I have one on my G20 as well. I bought these through my department and they will have to remain with the department when I get a good job like Dcortez. The sear works like the AR15 drop in auto sear (dias), whatever rifle it is installed on becomes the machine gun, these sears are multi Glock so that will work on any Glock.

So wait, you have a post-ban machine gun sear registered to the department installed on your personal firearms? How exactly does that work out legally.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The DIAS is the machinegun. It is the registered item.

In this case, the DIAS is owned and registered to the police department that the O/C works for and is a post 1986 machinegun.

The O/P is authorized to possess the DIAS by the department and is also authorized by the department (In writing I hope) to install the DIAS on his personal weapon.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Many agencies do this for their officers. The officer "buys' the NFA item but the owner of record is the agency. As long as the officer is employed by the agency, he/ she can legally possess the controlled item.

One Central TX agency that I know of allowed several officers (many years ago) to buy Ruger AC-556's under the agency umbrella. The agreement was when the officer left their employment, they had to "sell" it to another officer for no higher than the original purchase price. Find a machinegun these days for $350.

Another agency in West Tx did a similar thing some years back, but did not exercise much control over the NFA items. A new Sheriff was sworn in and started checking the records. Found several NFA items unaccounted for. Called ATF for assistance. Several MG's retrieved from former officers and (allegedly) a DPS trooper who had transferred several hundred miles away.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I have fired a few Glocks with these on. Fun toys. My wife and son really liked them, too.

No reason in the world we shouldn't be able to own one of these like any other gun.

whit128

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Central Texas, Williamson County
    Yea, it is going to need a bit of fine tuning. My G20 never misses a beat but 10mm ammo brings tears to my eyes when it disappears that fast. I have only been able to put a couple of mags through it (G17C) so far but I did find that the trip needs to be polished.
    As far as how I can install the sear on my personal weapon, it works on the same principal as issuing MP5s to SWAT members. I also contacted the NFA branch of the ATF years ago to make sure all was legit when I installed a donated DIAS in my AR15.

Top Bottom