• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I cant agree more with everything already stated, but have personal experience with the FMJ ball vs. JHP, and can relate many other stories from Iraq as well. Service men and women are not allowed to load anything other than FMJ ball ammo, andno matter what the caliber (small arms) it is not a man stopper with out a headshot, and then there is the over-penetration issue as well....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Whitesboro, TX
    I went back to the river this morning and shot my Glock 357sig into the same dirt bank as my 45. Here are 3 of the bullets I picked up. They are Winchester 125 GR JHP. Expansion and consistency are very good.

357sig001.gif

357sig002.gif

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I have to get a dumb question out of the way...I carry two Glocks - the 30 and the 26. Since I'm cheap, I carry them with Winchester target ammo. Am I being stupid by not carrying with more expensive hollow points? Can any of you recommend some particular ammo in 9mm and .45 ACP?

Thank you for your help.

Self Defense ammo is made with the intention of stopping a criminal and is more accurate and has a higher load than a target round normally. In a pinch though any round will stop a criminal.

Top Bottom