ARJ Defense ad

Self-defense, do you stop at the gun? What else is in you tool kit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    For a variety of reasons, we aren't always able to carry a gun in public. Knowing this, you have a few choices. You can go the Constitutional Carry route and carry anyway, accepting the consequences of that decision should you be found out, up to and including a felony arrest. You can also choose to avoid any and all places that don't allow you to carry a gun, limiting travel options and giving up some common activities. Or you can adapt with the mindset is merely a tool and your mind is what makes a tool or object a weapon to include knives, impact weapons, or conventional combative techniques. How do you handle those times when you can't carry a gun?
    Lynx Defense

illixir

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Colorado City
    I always have a gun as well as a two liner lock knives with 4+ inch blades. I carry the knives with one on each side so no matter what I can get to one.

Sent from my bad a$$ Custom Epic 4G

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    I always have a gun as well as a two liner lock knives with 4+ inch blades. I carry the knives with one on each side so no matter what I can get to one.

Sent from my bad a$$ Custom Epic 4G

So can I assume that if the gun isn't an option, you go to blades? Have you trained with the blades? And what if the blades aren't an option? Just curious.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Depending on environment (work or not) my G19 may or may not be there. I always have a Benchmade folder that opens pretty quick and a neck knife as a back up. The Benchmade is also used as a tool at work.
    I practice draw and dry fire with the gun at home as well as draw and thrust, block, etc with blades. What seems the slowest draw is the neck knife because its entirely covered with my shirt at xyphoid level.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Gun, knife, flashlight, hands/feet/head, keys, car, or whatever else I can lay my hands on.

If all I can do is **** up my attacker's shoes by bleeding to death on them... bastard's going to need new shoes.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Gun, knife, flashlight, hands/feet/head, keys, car, or whatever else I can lay my hands on.

If all I can do is **** up my attacker's shoes by bleeding to death on them... bastard's going to need new shoes.

Hahahaha!!! Kinda like beating the crap out of his fists with your face? I like your style!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hahahaha!!! Kinda like beating the crap out of his fists with your face? I like your style!

Heh, pretty much.

One thing everybody should learn is that somewhere out there is someone else who can take you, no matter how hard you train, no matter how mean your mindset. There's always someone meaner, stronger, faster, better. If the day comes that you meet that guy, there's not much you might be able to do... but that doesn't mean you give up!

You say Pyrrhic victory... I just see "victory". :p

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    I carry 2 guns and a backup, 3 knives, pepper spray, ninja stars and my hands are registered as lethal weapons.

I have smoke canisters and pyrotechnics.

I don't doubt that one bit...

Its good to see that you have other ways of over compensating than just attitude.

Top Bottom