• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    If you're like me selling a firearm is a near-traumatic event (only a slight exaggeration there) and is rarely done except under exteme duress or temptation. My personal collection before I moved to the U.S. was well over 100 firearms and included some real gems such as a H&R US Rifle M14, Johnson 1941, SVT40, Ljungman AG42B, a couple of Garands, an MG08, a museum grade Mk1 Webley revolver, M1888 Trap Door Springfield, a John Inglis Bren MkI mg complete with the crazy rare dovetail for the even rarer Plessey Fixed-Line Sight which I had....the list goes on. I contacted the BAT&F (there was no "E" then) about importing my collection to the U.S. but when they heard what I had they started dicking me around even to the point of lying to me about the process. I had 90 days from the time I got my visa to the time I had to be in the U.S. so most of my collection went for fire sale prices. Would I do it again for the opportunity to move to the U.S.? HELL YES! I just might have snuck some of the cooler stuff over the border and buried them just south of the Canadian border in the mountains of Montana which would have been ridiculously easy to do. Unfortunately I'm too much of a law-abiding citizen to have done that. Thanks for letting me commiserate on this subject.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I regret selling almost every gun I have sold. Very few I would buy again though.

I have replaced a few that I traded in a once in a lifetime type deal.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I used to get emotionally attached to "stuff". Namely cars and guns.

But then I realized they made more than one.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I regret selling almost every gun I have sold. Very few I would buy again though.

I have replaced a few that I traded in a once in a lifetime type deal.

You nailed it! I would like to have back a Beretta, 3 Rugers, and a Browning. However, I wouldn't go and repurchase them.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I have to confess...I sold all my guns years ago!! I don't own any. Any things I say about owning guns, ammo, etc. is just so i have something to do.
    Wait!! Wait!! Are you guys reading this on a cellular phone??? Come to think of it.. I never even owned a gun!! Not a one!!! I don't even know who I am talking to right now!!!!!! :roflsmile::roflsmile:.......................

View attachment 27780

Seriously.... I hate selling guns. :)
    I Have HAD to in the past, but those days are a ways behind me.

Top Bottom