• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I sold a Mini 30 awhile back that I regret selling because what I sold it to get wasn't half as good and I haven't seen another one around. That I could afford anyway. I had a 9mm Star BM that I sold. It was the only 9mm I ever liked and I miss shooting it. I've yet to see another one. I sold an M1 Garand "tanker" that I miss, but don't necessarily regret. It made room for a real Garand, but it was really fun to shoot.

But the big thing I regret selling was a Winchester model 12 "trench gun". I didn't know what it was and way undersold it when I moved from CA and sold a lot of my guns to raise money for the move. That was a big mistake and I probably won't have enough money to get another one for many years.

I pretty much sell most things for a reason, like I really don't like it or I realize I will never shoot it. Otherwise I will sell off something to make room and funds for another firearm so in the end usually I feel like I "moved up" and don't regret it.
    Texas SOT

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The only one I truly regret selling was a very nice German G43....

MrBigIron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    I built a RRA AR-15 (well, I bought the upper complete) during the initial Obama scare that cost me about $1,200. A year later I traded it for a '29 Model A Tudor shell and frame valued at $850. Then I soon realized I couldn't afford to complete the Model A (even to rat rod standards), so I sold it to a father & son from down south and blew the money on bills. I miss that AR a little. At the time though, I figured I'd just build another one someday in 6.8spc. And maybe I will. Someday.

Another gun I regret selling was my East German Makarov in 9x18. I bought it right after the wall came down for $179 new. Wish I could replace it for that now.

Fred B.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I just might have snuck some of the cooler stuff over the border and buried them just south of the Canadian border in the mountains of Montana which would have been ridiculously easy to do. Unfortunately I'm too much of a law-abiding citizen to have done that. Thanks for letting me commiserate on this subject.

Or could have just driven them across and claimed to have bought them here later on if asked. What could have prevented this?

Not saying you should have, just wondering.

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    "Another gun I regret selling was my East German Makarov in 9x18. I bought it right after the wall came down for $179 new. Wish I could replace it for that now."

I feel your pain. They are no where to be found these days, and the ammo has all but dried up.

I remember fondly a trip to Berlin the year the wall fell. Soviet Red Army soldiers were selling their helmets, fake Swiss watches, binoculars, belts, body armor, bayonets, magazines, and Kalashnikovs at a flea market adjacent to the Brandenburg Gate.

I came home with a Red Army leather belt & buckle, three magazines, two AK bayonets, a magazine pouch, and a steel helmet: All of which I traded for one Zippo Cigarette Lighter. Had to chuckle -- where's that Russkie going to find Zippo Lighter Fluid?

I passed on an AK because I knew that would be a "bridge too far."

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Yes, I have had seller's . When I HAD to sell my Springfield EMP .40 for a move out to west Texas from east Texas. At the time it was just a necessary evil that I had to deal with. And with what I thought was a bright future at the time, I figured I could just get another or get a replacement for her. Maybe even an STI this time. Well when the job didn't work out like promised, and failing health issues arose, that became absolutely out of the question. So basically when I think about it, I just get ticked off more. So...

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Yes, I have had seller's . When I HAD to sell my Springfield EMP .40 for a move out to west Texas from east Texas. At the time it was just a necessary evil that I had to deal with. And with what I thought was a bright future at the time, I figured I could just get another or get a replacement for her. Maybe even an STI this time. Well when the job didn't work out like promised, and failing health issues arose, that became absolutely out of the question. So basically when I think about it, I just get ticked off more. So...

I have to add to that too. I know most of my guns are technically replaceable, but there are some I own that I probably wouldn't have the opportunity to save up for again. I bought them when I was single and not a father, so my fun money fund isn't what it was, though I still do pretty good, just not to the level I was able to back in the day. :)

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Traded away a Sig P220 that I immediately regretted. That gun fit me like a glove, I shot 4" groups with it.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    Sigh...during "the crisis" a friend offered me a buttload of cash for my G23Gen4...with said cash I bought two M&P compacts 9mm and .40...pretty good deal until I couldn't find spare mags...anywhere...at all...for over a year...so I sold said M&Ps and bought another G23Gen4...then a G19Gen4.

Someone once told me that the wise man only buys something once...damn.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I occasionally regret 'de-Glocking' a couple of years ago. I had a G26, 17 and 34 with all that mag interchangeability; but I found another use for the ~$1600 they represented. Since they have been replaced, more or less, with SIGs, I ain't complainin' ;)

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Have to say that I generally regret selling weapons

+1

Sometimes I forget I sold or traded something and freak out for a second when I open the safe and it's not there.

Anytime I sell or trade a firearm or component it is to enhance my collection in one way or another so I can't say I regret doing the sale/trade but it still gets me sometimes.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    My first Mossberg 500 was a hunting gun. Long barrel, wood stock. I sold it in trade towards my shorter "tacticool" version. I do miss that gun, but I think it's more just because I want to hold on to any guns I get. Not really so much an emotional bond.

Top Bottom