• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    If you're like me selling a firearm is a near-traumatic event (only a slight exaggeration there) and is rarely done except under exteme duress or temptation. My personal collection before I moved to the U.S. was well over 100 firearms and included some real gems such as a H&R US Rifle M14, Johnson 1941, SVT40, Ljungman AG42B, a couple of Garands, an MG08, a museum grade Mk1 Webley revolver, M1888 Trap Door Springfield, a John Inglis Bren MkI mg complete with the crazy rare dovetail for the even rarer Plessey Fixed-Line Sight which I had....the list goes on. I contacted the BAT&F (there was no "E" then) about importing my collection to the U.S. but when they heard what I had they started dicking me around even to the point of lying to me about the process. I had 90 days from the time I got my visa to the time I had to be in the U.S. so most of my collection went for fire sale prices. Would I do it again for the opportunity to move to the U.S.? HELL YES! I just might have snuck some of the cooler stuff over the border and buried them just south of the Canadian border in the mountains of Montana which would have been ridiculously easy to do. Unfortunately I'm too much of a law-abiding citizen to have done that. Thanks for letting me commiserate on this subject.
    Guns International

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I regret selling almost every gun I have sold. Very few I would buy again though.

I have replaced a few that I traded in a once in a lifetime type deal.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I used to get emotionally attached to "stuff". Namely cars and guns.

But then I realized they made more than one.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I regret selling almost every gun I have sold. Very few I would buy again though.

I have replaced a few that I traded in a once in a lifetime type deal.

You nailed it! I would like to have back a Beretta, 3 Rugers, and a Browning. However, I wouldn't go and repurchase them.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I have to confess...I sold all my guns years ago!! I don't own any. Any things I say about owning guns, ammo, etc. is just so i have something to do.
    Wait!! Wait!! Are you guys reading this on a cellular phone??? Come to think of it.. I never even owned a gun!! Not a one!!! I don't even know who I am talking to right now!!!!!! :roflsmile::roflsmile:.......................

View attachment 27780

Seriously.... I hate selling guns. :)
    I Have HAD to in the past, but those days are a ways behind me.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I have to confess...I sold all my guns years ago!! I don't own any. Any things I say about owning guns, ammo, etc. is just so i have something to do.
    Wait!! Wait!! Are you guys reading this on a cellular phone??? Come to think of it.. I never even owned a gun!! Not a one!!! I don't even know who I am talking to right now!!!!!! :roflsmile::roflsmile:.......................

View attachment 27780

Seriously.... I hate selling guns. :)
    I Have HAD to in the past, but those days are a ways behind me.

I don't believe you! That sounds like "pulp FICTION"........

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    I sold a few when my daughter was born because we needed the money. I've been fortunate enough to replace most of them with something similar. It kinda sucked at the time but the world kept spinning so I suppose the experience wasn't that bad.

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I not "selling" remorse, but when I bought an AK years ago it came with a free .50 cal can stuffed with 7.62. I blew through that so fast, then after the can was empty I realized how much money I actually would have saved on ammo if I didn't do mag dumps over and over again.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I not "selling" remorse, but when I bought an AK years ago it came with a free .50 cal can stuffed with 7.62. I blew through that so fast, then after the can was empty I realized how much money I actually would have saved on ammo if I didn't do mag dumps over and over again.

Been there. I feel your pain.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    An SKS I had when I was young. I find myself wanting another, but really only because that was my first semi auto rifle I think. Good times. I was never that attached to that gun per se.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Hate that I had to sell most of my collection, but, as far as remorse? That would be my Dan Wesson 357 Pistol Pack that I inherited from a uncle. That one still bothers me......

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Mid 80's, O&G business gone to hell, a client declared bankruptcy owing me big time, brand new baby with a congenital problem, tires on the truck looked like racing slicks, house in jeopardy.

Pawned, among other things, my all time favorite shotgun: Browning Citori O/U, 12Ga mag/Full/Mod:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355...key=Gv1sRgCOGapbueiLe45QE#5617424154084094818

Got so busy pulling things back together that I never did get to retrieve it. Of all the firearms I've owned, I do miss that shotgun to this day!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have always avoided using the word "love" in the same sentence as references to firearms. They are tools that enable me to participate in specific activities. I do not love them.

I deeply regret selling some firearms because they left a gap in things that I like to do. The firearms include:

Springfield 1922 M2 (.22LR 1903 trainer).
    S&W 1955 6" revolver in .45acp.
    1911 parts gun in .45acp built on an Essex frame. It was a terrific shooter but had zero finish! Personality plus!
    Model 19 S&W .357 magnum. I bought it BACK 10 years later!
    S&W Model 17 .22 revolver. Tried to buy it back but it's long gone.
    M1 Garand. My first Garand out of 7-8 total. Built on Springfield US receiver, in .308. Beautiful rifle!

I've only kept a small fraction of the guns that I've owned. In most cases, I made good decisions. On the above trades/sales, I goofed up and regretted what I did.

Flash

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I sold a pristine S&W Model 39 to an Army buddy back in 1981. I hated that pistol. Crappy trigger, sights, and just an awful feel in the hand.

Damn, I miss that pistol!

Top Bottom