• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ricecowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    I always see people at gun shows with 'For Sale' signs on their firearms walking around gun shows. I'm thinking of selling a few guns at the upcoming FW gun show, but a friend said he "knew a guy" that was turned away because he didn't pay a fee(?). I can't seem to find any information confirming this. I'm inclined to think this is false, but thought I would ask the TGT community for their experiences, good and bad. Any words of wisdom is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Military Camp

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    You have to pay the "entrance" fee just like anyone else. Then you can walk up and down aisles and sell anything they let you bring in the door.

Some gun shows don't let you sell your stuff in the parking lot. Gotta pay to play.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    The only thing different about selling a gun at the FW gunshow and just going to the show to look or buy is you have to wait in a different line to get in. The police officer behind the table checks your weapon to make sure it's unloaded, puts a zip tie on it, and then tells you to enjoy the show.

Pay your entrance fee like everyone else and then walk in and listen to all the guys behind the table shout to get your attention while they try to pay you wholesale or less for what you've got. They have to make a living too, but they don't want to miss out in case you're in a hurry to leave so you'll get plenty of attention.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    There is no fee to sell as mentioned, other then the parking and entrance fee everyone pays to get into the show. And despite what some liberals portray, there is not a "Gun Show Loop Hole". If you buy from a licensed dealer, you need to go through a background check same as if you bought at their brick and mortar shop. (still no extra fee) If you buy from an individual, the same rules apply as if you purchased from an individual and you bought face to face at some other location.

ricecowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Thank you all. That's kind of what I expected but thought sometimes people plant little seeds in your head and get you to second guessing.

majormadmax - I would sell them here, but forum rules prohibit anyone with less than 25 posts to post firearms for sale.

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    We could help with the 25 post by playing 20 questions......

Are you thinking about selling a.... Pistol?

Sent from Cheyenne Mountain to confuse the NSA

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I would hazard to say that you have never really been to a gun show until you have sold a gun at a show. Maybe not if you have not swapped a gun for another and flipped that gun for enough profit to buy your lunch and a few beers.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I thought it was 5 posts?........ The forum rules state only 5 are needed.

The gun classifieds require 5 posts on the forum to promote your user status. The server will not always do this instantly, but it does do it automatically; so you may have to wait a few minutes for it to do so.

If you cannot make 5 posts on the forum, and/or are too impatient to do so ... please do not email me asking why you cannot post your stuff for sale on the forum. The forum survives off of people participating in our discussions, and the classifieds are a service for those that participate. Furthermore, the majority of buyers on the forum want to know a bit more about the person they are buying from, so it's in your best interest to join in on the discussions.

ricecowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    I'm probably thinking that just driving up post count with meaningless posts for the sheer purpose of being able to sell here would be frowned upon by the moderators. Plus, I am really in no hurry to sell, but in the future, I'll definitely try posting on TGT before heading off to a gun show.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'm probably thinking that just driving up post count with meaningless posts for the sheer purpose of being able to sell here would be frowned upon by the moderators. Plus, I am really in no hurry to sell, but in the future, I'll definitely try posting on TGT before heading off to a gun show.

Well, simply telling us what you're thinking about selling isn't really the same as posting them up for sale now, is it?!? :)

I understand the minimum post rule, but I've also seen people with a lot of posts reneg on deals so it's no real guarantee of liability by a seller.

Cheers! M2

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish

So don't post anything for sale, just show us your collection and make sure you include what your perceived value might be, you know for insurance purposes. Pics always help defining insured value.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish

Oh yes and make sure to post each firearm in a separate thread or response ... to prevent any confusion, of course.

Top Bottom