• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kobiash1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2013
    little elm
    I buy and sell guns on the “ guns for sale “ . I always look at who is wanting to buy something. Is anyone else Leary to sell to first time Texas Gun talk members? And what do you do to vet a buyer?
    Gun Zone Deals

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I've only sold one gun in my life, and it was a mistake. And not so much sold as gifted to a family member, who then sold it. *sigh*

But in purchasing a few used guns, I think it's usually pretty much a gut check on the person showing up to buy. I've been sized up by sellers, they deemed me worthy, and completed the sale. It's really about that simple. If you get a strange feeling about someone, don't transfer or make them go through an FFL. The law in Texas is pretty straight forward, you pretty much give them the benefit of the doubt. Someone will be along shortly to quote the laws, or you can research them yourself. ;)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If someone's just joined, yeah - I'm gonna be real leery. To the point of likely not selling to 'em unless I can check them out via FB page, etc., or we have mutual friends.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I buy and sell guns on the “ guns for sale “ . I always look at who is wanting to buy something. Is anyone else Leary to sell to first time Texas Gun talk members? And what do you do to vet a buyer?

Here we go again.

Three questions:
    1. Are you a criminal?
    2. Do you live in Texas?
    3. Do you have green money?

Don't have to ask about age, my eyeballs still work. Note, nothing said about DL or LTC or BOS. You have done due diligence by asking. If they lie, shame on them.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Here we go again.

Three questions:
    1. Are you a criminal?
    2. Do you live in Texas?

Don't have to ask about age, my eyeballs still work. Note, nothing said about DL or LTC or BOS. You have done due diligence by asking. If they lie, shame on them.
    This and the gut check.

Let's be honest here. Just because a member has been around a while or has a high post count doesn't necessarily mean they are more legal that a new member.

Kobiash1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2013
    little elm
    It amazing to me how someone can be irritated by posting a post. If you respond that’s your problem. Thank you everyone else for taking their time to responding like an adult. So if he put his hand in a buz saw, on a post and then he does it again on other post , who has the most intellectual mind?

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Some folks on here have an FFL and a need to protect it. They have different ideas for a reason. Most just want to see green to repurpose it. Don't get your knickers in a knot over someone trying the start the BOS stuff again.

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Here we go again.

Three questions:
    1. Are you a criminal?
    2. Do you live in Texas?

I don't see the point of asking the questions...

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    If I've read correctly, a seller is not required to ask or verify anything regarding the buyer. If the seller knows there is a reason not to sell to an individual (such as out of state resident, not of age to buy a firearm(s), criminal background, etc., then the seller should not sell).

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I like that we have a feedback option here for this exact reason. To view other members experiences with someone. Unfortunately about half of the people I have done transactions with don't leave feedback. Maybe I just suck and they didn't want to put that out there? Anyway I think it helps. As for new members I am also leery, but a couple of times have sold to new members and didn't have any problems.

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    It's not about the answer but how they answer. This helps with the gut feeling that something may be off.

If they lie it's on them but they may also give you a sign that they are lying.
    3 better questions:

Are you a man of liberty?
    Do you understand natural law and the principle of non-aggression?
    Do you fear God?
    Here we go again.

Three questions:
    1. Are you a criminal?
    2. Do you live in Texas?

I usually don't ask any questions. If I don't like their looks, I just walk away.

If I had to list them, these would be my 3 questions:

Do you fear God?
    Do you understand the principle of non-aggression?
    Are you a man of liberty?

But I digress, they're all the same question.

Top Bottom