• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Does anyone think this is a bad idea, what do you guys think?

I check into my room tonight, as I am travelling. It's a second floor handicap room. They have 2 rooms here that are handicap rooms, at least one is on the second floor (I know this because the girl at the front desk mentioned they only had 2 rooms left, both are handicap rooms).

I realize that there are many reasons someone may be handicapped. However, to need a special room, it would most likely be a physical handicap. Why would they put it on the second floor? In case of a fire, would this not be the worst case scenario? You are handicapped, you are not supposed to use the elevator (or it may not function) in a fire....so the person would be forced to navigate to the stairs and then have to descend them. To top it off, the room is in the middle of the hall, which means they are as far as possible from either set of stairs. Would prudence not dictate this room be on the ground floor, near an exit??

I'm not handicapped, but even I see the flaw in it's location. Poor planning? Or, am I missing something?
    Venture Surplus ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I would be willing to bet that the architect or builder specified that they be stacking on top of each other to simplify construction and the engineered structural plans.

Problem is, common sense often times can be overlooked in an attempt to simplify or save money.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I've always wondered how many handicap parking spots America has vs how many handicapped we have.

Not that it overly matters as I always park on the far end of the parking lot.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Better question is..........How many handicap parking spots available versus how many people with Handicap Stickers even need them!

Okie556

Top Bottom