• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ok, this brings up an issue that I had with the San Antonio Tea Party... You can hear the organizers asking people to be quiet and yelling "free speech!"

I'm sorry, but free speech applies to the people, and if our goddamn employees are saying stuff we disagree with, it's our duty to shout them down. It's pathetic that he ignored what was being yelled at him.

The issue I had at the Party here in SA (well... outside SA at Rio Cibolo Ranch) was that it was just a big Republican love fest for the most part. "Democrats are teh evil!" "Liberals suck it and we're all good conservatives!" And don't even get me started on all the pro-theocracy bullshit I had to sit through.

My wife was unable to attend the Tax Day Tea Party, and she was stunned that I'd go to an event like the one we were at yesterday, which was nothing like the first one.

I was shocked to say the least, since the first Tea Party I attended didn't have all the pro-theocracy stuff in it nor was it about loving the Republicans who are just as much to blame for the sad state our nation is in as the Democrats.

I remember at Tax Day we were told that many politicians had asked to attend and were told by the organizers that they could attend - but they wouldn't be taking the stage because this was our time to make them listen to us. That wasn't the case at this last one; I had to listen to Governor Perry spout BS about what a good small-government, low-tax conservative he is, when evidence to the contrary is all over. He's as much a hypocrite as TARP-voting Cornyn.

IMO, this last round of Tea Party was useless. I feel like I was used to support Republican hypocrites who (I need to say it again) are just as responsible for the financial mess we're in and the erosion of our rights as the Democrats are.

Both parties suck. Being caught in the lie of the so-called two-party system is killing this country. Look it up: nowhere is there a legal document that says the US is a two-party nation!! We need to smash the two-party lie, and shred both parties. They are what's killing this nation. Not one party or the other. Both parties!

I'm very disappointed in the Tea Parties, and am not sure if I'll attend again - I definitely won't if it's just going to be a "go 'publicans" and "hooray for theocracy" party like this last one.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    And don't even get me started on all the pro-theocracy bullshit I had to sit through.

That would have pissed me off to no end. Church is on Sunday.

You know, I don't want to hear a bunch of bullshit about how great republicans are. They had power, didn't shrink government, shrink the debt, or give up any power.

I had to work, which I made my deadline at 10:49 p.m. tonight , so I missed the Houston Tea Party.

Cornyn got on my last nerve with his Geithner vote.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    To be fair, they never actually said anything about Republicans. They did pimp the Republican platform an awful lot, though.

The idea of a government that picks sides in the religious debate scares me just as much as a government that suppresses all religion.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Ok, this brings up an issue that I had with the San Antonio Tea Party... You can hear the organizers asking people to be quiet and yelling "free speech!"

I'm sorry, but free speech applies to the people, and if our goddamn employees are saying stuff we disagree with, it's our duty to shout them down. It's pathetic that he ignored what was being yelled at him.

The issue I had at the Party here in SA (well... outside SA at Rio Cibolo Ranch) was that it was just a big Republican love fest for the most part. "Democrats are teh evil!" "Liberals suck it and we're all good conservatives!" And don't even get me started on all the pro-theocracy bullshit I had to sit through.

My wife was unable to attend the Tax Day Tea Party, and she was stunned that I'd go to an event like the one we were at yesterday, which was nothing like the first one.

I was shocked to say the least, since the first Tea Party I attended didn't have all the pro-theocracy stuff in it nor was it about loving the Republicans who are just as much to blame for the sad state our nation is in as the Democrats.

I remember at Tax Day we were told that many politicians had asked to attend and were told by the organizers that they could attend - but they wouldn't be taking the stage because this was our time to make them listen to us. That wasn't the case at this last one; I had to listen to Governor Perry spout BS about what a good small-government, low-tax conservative he is, when evidence to the contrary is all over. He's as much a hypocrite as TARP-voting Cornyn.

IMO, this last round of Tea Party was useless. I feel like I was used to support Republican hypocrites who (I need to say it again) are just as responsible for the financial mess we're in and the erosion of our rights as the Democrats are.

Both parties suck. Being caught in the lie of the so-called two-party system is killing this country. Look it up: nowhere is there a legal document that says the US is a two-party nation!! We need to smash the two-party lie, and shred both parties. They are what's killing this nation. Not one party or the other. Both parties!

I'm very disappointed in the Tea Parties, and am not sure if I'll attend again - I definitely won't if it's just going to be a "go 'publicans" and "hooray for theocracy" party like this last one.

Sorry it wasn't like the first one. I would venture to guess that antagonizing these Tea Parties took from The Left was enough to twist this into a Demo v Republican fight rather than what they were intended to be. I'm not pointing fingers rather offering speculation as to why political parties have now jumped in stronger than before.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    The fact people are getting out and talking is a good thing and I agree both parties are at fault however as folks meet talk some truth will come out and "perhaps" motivate people to seek better people for office.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Definitely.

Anyone read this issue of Texas Monthly with Ted Nugent on the cover? In that mag they had the best and worst state legislators for 2009. As I was reading through I though the same thing that this should motivate others to run for office instead of some of the idiots who are there.

Top Bottom