Senate Bill SB-2099

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by country_boy, Jul 26, 2009.

1. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

The bill was introduced on Feb. 24th and will become public knowledge 30 days after it is voted into law.. This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee can pass this without the Senate voting on it at all..

The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage

You can find it by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099. http://ron.dotson.net/guns/sb2099.htm

2. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Like hell I will

3. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This bill was introduced in 2000, as in NINE years ago.

4. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Beware democrats bearing anti-gun attitudes, they have forgotten the heads that rolled politically last time they got out of hand ! Be sure to keep your voter registration current. Be prepared to send the cretins out of office and back home in 2010 including that imposter obama ! The slums of the cities need them back home and we need common sense in Washington !

Join the NRA, GOA, Jews for Gun Ownership or any and all pro gun groups today, the guns you save might be your own !!!!!

5. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

And do it quick before Congress loads up in the time machine and goes back 9 years to vote. :rofl:

This is not only a repost, but something someone dug up to create fear and have a good laugh.

Click on the link and look at the date.

I'm really hoping country_boy is either just having some fun, or really did just mis-read the date and didn't fall for some forwarded email. :fighting0002: :lolz:

6. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    wow im sorry guys. One of my friends on another forum posted this today. I didnt read it thoroughly enough to notice the date. Thats what I get for listening to a former y2k foil hat person.

7. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Don't sweat it. It is GREAT info from a historical aspect. Don't believe for a minute that there are some in Congress that would float this turd of a bill. Given an untimely tragedy that makes national news and they may evenbe able to persuade others to cosponser it.

8. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Tell your friend to move on, jump in the Delorian and come join us. :rofl:

9. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Didn't notice the date either, I'll still stick with my first response. :rofl:

10. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Might as well to use that Delorian to go back to 81' when Reagan was president.