Venture Surplus ad

senate changes rules to favor majority (dems)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Doesn't surprise me, change the rules in your favor. Dems are dems

Politicians are politicians should be the way you wrote it. Both parties live by one slogan: it's good to be the king. Whose in charge is irrelevant. They both screw us in the end.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    THIS is what I hate about D.C..........Harry is a moron, and if the people of Nevada re-elect his stupid ass again then they are just as moronic. Ughhh!!!!!

atticus finch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    THIS is what I hate about D.C..........Harry is a moron, and if the people of Nevada re-elect his stupid ass again then they are just as moronic. Ughhh!!!!!

Actually to view him as a moron is incorrect, he is quite smart and does what he does with a lot of intellect. The problem is simply that, what he does with his intellectual abilities.

It is frustrating to see folks on the political right incorrectly view those on the left as fools, morons, idiots, etc, specifically within the ruling class. They are not stupid people and they know exactly what they are doing. To view them as fools or such is to underestimate them, they havn't achieved what they've done by being idiots.

A good portion of the political left is not stupid either, it is the willfully ignorant among the voting class that might pass for stupid.
    However they aren't even really stupid, simply willfully ignorant due to the ideology they adhere to.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Actually to view him as a moron is incorrect, he is quite smart and does what he does with a lot of intellect. The problem is simply that, what he does with his intellectual abilities.

It is frustrating to see folks on the political right incorrectly view those on the left as fools, morons, idiots, etc, specifically within the ruling class. They are not stupid people and they know exactly what they are doing. To view them as fools or such is to underestimate them, they havn't achieved what they've done by being idiots.

A good portion of the political left is not stupid either, it is the willfully ignorant among the voting class that might pass for stupid.
    However they aren't even really stupid, simply willfully ignorant due to the ideology they adhere to.

I get what your saying there buddy.....you are right, they are smart. I just "feel" better when I vent. Lol

dsukid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Amarillo
    It is very simple, everything in the Senate except now appoints it seems still require unanimous consent.

It is simple, don't.

Change it back, or NOTHING gets done.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    There is the Constitution. Then there are House and Senate Rules. The Constitution allows each body to change or make rules as they go along.

The Dems changed the filibuster rule in the Senate. Well within their Constitutional authority.

A lot of bitching about nothing that really matters.

The Pubs can keep that rule alive if and when they regain the Senate. Then watch the Chuck Schumers of the Left howl and scream foul.

Just one more compelling reason to repeal the 17th Amendment. Federalism means shared power with the States. Senators were originally intended to represent State Legislatures, not voters at large.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    I cannot wait for the gop to use this against the rats when they gain a majority.

Cute, you think the GOP has enough spine to push through meaningful legislation. Most of the GOP is complacent, if not, out right in favor of a growing federal government.

Top Bottom