• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    The biggest reason I want to see Roe v. Wade overturned is these people are so hypocritical
    If California can restrict gun rights, then Texas can restrict abortion rights

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    The bill proposed by the Dems, was defeated because it allowed for abortion on demand, up to the time of birth, and would allow gender selection abortions! These people who claim to be "progressive," are nothing but pure EVIL!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    If California can restrict gun rights, then Texas can restrict abortion rights

I understand your sentiment, and I also love shoving CA's face in the mud where it belongs, but this is false. The 2A is an enumerated right, whereas there is no such thing as an abortion "right". Abortion will be a legal privilege, like driving (assuming the SCOTUS decision actually happens).

The government can make a dog's breakfast out of your privileges, but our civil rights are supposed to receive elevated protections against government restrictions (which is part of the reason why the left wants to pretend there is an abortion right)

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Support for abortions beyond 15 weeks literally falls off a cliff. Hopefully the Dems will keep pushing for it up to term.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The bill proposed by the Dems, was defeated because it allowed for abortion on demand, up to the time of birth, and would allow gender selection abortions! These people who claim to be "progressive," are nothing but pure EVIL!

Sounds Chinese

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Progressive is how a communist self identifies. Communists aren’t people. Amiright @Hoji?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I understand your sentiment, and I also love shoving CA's face in the mud where it belongs, but this is false. The 2A is an enumerated right, whereas there is no such thing as an abortion "right". Abortion will be a legal privilege, like driving (assuming the SCOTUS decision actually happens).

The government can make a dog's breakfast out of your privileges, but our civil rights are supposed to receive elevated protections against government restrictions (which is part of the reason why the left wants to pretend there is an abortion right)
    I would argue that abortion is unconstitutional on the grounds that it deprives a living being to the right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness".

It infuriates me that so many women are using abortion as means of birth control rather than being responsible with the choices they make with their bodies in the first place, and that many times are using clinics that are funded with tax-payer's money, such as Planned Parenthood.

And if they were being responsible in the first place, there are many forms of birth control, and shall I even say, abstinence!

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I would argue that abortion is unconstitutional on the grounds that it deprives a living being to the right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness".

From a purely legal standpoint, "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" has nothing to do with our Constitution -- it's from the Declaration of Independence.

The Constitution is actually quite clear that the government can kill you. The 5A says, “No person shall…be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;" which of course means that with the due process of law, people can be deprived of life, liberty and property.

So killing is totally OK, as long as there was due process, which isn't defined in the Constitution, and as we saw during the Obama administration, can be administered in some pretty cavalier/sloppy/questionable ways.

But your larger point, yes, I think most of us agree with you about abortion being used as birth control, our taxes paying for their choices and of course the lack of responsibility on the part of too many in our society.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    From a purely legal standpoint, "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" has nothing to do with our Constitution -- it's from the Declaration of Independence.

The Constitution is actually quite clear that the government can kill you. The 5A says, “No person shall…be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;" which of course means that with the due process of law, people can be deprived of life, liberty and property.

So killing is totally OK, as long as there was due process, which isn't defined in the Constitution, and as we saw during the Obama administration, can be administered in some pretty cavalier/sloppy/questionable ways.

But your larger point, yes, I think most of us agree with you about abortion being used as birth control, our taxes paying for their choices and of course the lack of responsibility on the part of too many in our society.
    IMO, abortions are hardly what I would think qualified as due process in order to end a life. And it's not like the fetus can argue it's case in court for due process.

Could be why people are willing to take a stand on this issue, to argue and take a stand for a lie that can't defend itself.

And IMO, abortion is murder, because there is no due process.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    IMO, abortions are hardly what I would think qualified as due process in order to end a life. And it's not like the fetus can argue it's case in court for due process.

Could be why people are willing to take a stand on this issue, to argue and take a stand for a lie that can't defend itself.

And IMO, abortion is murder, because there is no due process.

OK, so you'd be OK with abortion if there were due process. Here's a view of what might soon happen:

Assume a couple of things:
    First, assume that the leaked SCOTUS decision will stand, and remember that almost no one argues their own case in court, this is done through representatives.

With those assumptions, let's remember that many states, such as CA, have already passed legislation stating that if Roe is overturned, a law will go into effect permitting abortion in those states under whatever circumstances. Also remember that the 14A puts the same limits on the states that the 5A does on the federal govt -- no killing the peeps without due process.

So with all that in mind, would you then say abortion will be legal in (eg) CA, where the people's duly elected representatives have passed legislation legalizing it?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    OK, so you'd be OK with abortion if there were due process. Here's a view of what might soon happen:

Assume a couple of things:
    First, assume that the leaked SCOTUS decision will stand, and remember that almost no one argues their own case in court, this is done through representatives.

With those assumptions, let's remember that many states, such as CA, have already passed legislation stating that if Roe is overturned, a law will go into effect permitting abortion in those states under whatever circumstances. Also remember that the 14A puts the same limits on the states that the 5A does on the federal govt -- no killing the peeps without due process.

So with all that in mind, would you then say abortion will be legal in (eg) CA, where the people's duly elected representatives have passed legislation legalizing it?
    Yes, under the exceptions that aborting a fetus due to rape or incest could be applied as due process. Or a life threatening medical condition.

I'm not okay with ANY state legalizing abortion unless there are exigent circumstances.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    San Francisco Bishop Bans Pelosi From Communion

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    San Francisco Bishop Bans Pelosi From Communion

She obviously was not living her "faith" (not referring just to her abortion stance either) so this should not be a problem for her.

Reactions: gll

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Ain't Uncle Joe a Catholic as well? He should be banned from something as poorly as he is doing for this country and I hope he stays in office until 2024 else the Kamalabeast takes over and shudder.... Pelosi is in line after her.

Reactions: gll
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom