Senate OKs guns at Texas colleges

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
I'm sure it's not much different than most any college town. But if they are out doing what college kids do, they'd already be in violation if they were carrying anyway. You'd hope that they'd think about that ahead of time and leave it home.
My point is that they may not think about that and leave it at home. I think it is a good Idea and I support it to some extent. Starker said what I was trying to say for the most part. So I'll just shut up till I think I should add my pennies to the jar again.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
Jan 23, 2009
Ft.Worth
Ok, I'll jump back in here.
I want to see the bill passed because it does give a young individual the right to carry on campus and into the frat.

Now mind you a lot of college kids are brats due to mommy and daddy not yanking the teet out of their mouth.

But for those that are responsible, they deserve the right.

Another thing to consider is that most of these kids that would consider CCW have a little different attitude towards gun ownership; at least wise the ones I have met.
They understand the implications of reckless behavior and respect the privileged of CCW.

Remember one thing. The majority of young people that did not grow up in a gun culture are afraid of guns. Mommy and Dadums never owned guns, never allowed guns in the house and tried like hell to keep their little kido's away from gun toten folks.

We are evil remember. ROFLMAO!!!!

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
The age issue is a non-issue but it sounds lie some of you would like to be selective what 21 yr old's should be allowed to carry. That's scary. There are 21 year old's that are more capable than 50 yr. old's but that's the way it is no matter what we're talking about.

It's a slippery slope.......it's also kind of a double standard.

But it's a moot issue so I'll shut up.

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
I didn't bring up the age factor, y'all did. I don't care how old they are. there are 18 year old commissioned security officers. I agree with a statement that I saw earlier in this thread forgive me as I've forgotten who posted it. "Those that are responsible enough to carry on campus should be allowed to do so" I never said I was against this I just never said I was for it. So don't think that I'm against the carrying of a concealed hand gun on campus because I'm not.

Exile Machine

May 17, 2009
Dallas Texas
Even if only 2-3 students have concealed handguns on campus, the next Cho or Klebold will think twice about going on a rampage in a TX university. I say let us carry. The CHL is already a model citizen card, regardless of your age.

In short, it will not become the wild west as many fear. It never does.

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
Big, I don't think he meant you specifically. I think he is referring to the argument that the antis give. That is one of their big ones along with a student that shoots a teacher because he got a B- instead of a B+.
When I'm president we will let college kids have guns okay! Actually Navy Guy will have to make that call if he is to be Director of HS.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics