• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speedracer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    houston
    bought it for the wife,it had a extra hard trigger pull..Called Ruger and they sent me postage to ship back.Sent on Friday and got it back on the next Thursday(very fast service)the fixed pull and replaced mag release.It works find now.Installed a lazer sight and it works fine.Very happy with the gun.later

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Trigger would not reset. We took it apart and it looked the same as the other ones I have. When I found out about free shipping both ways and lifetime warranty I figured I would send it on a road trip. Still needing triggers on the other two.

hrdwrkncwby76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    I was just having a similar issue with mine over the weekend. But it would only do it on some shots. And I was using older ammo.

Burnt Jeep

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Woodway,TX
    The SR22 is probably my favorite firearm I have right now. It's great to teach new shooters and makes a good plinker at the range.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    The SR22 is probably my favorite firearm I have right now. It's great to teach new shooters and makes a good plinker at the range.

I'm gonna pick one up eventually. Essentially the same as the P22, but I've heard the Ruger is 1000x more durable and reliable. I've seen a P22 get worn out. I believe it.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I absolutely love my SR22. I've shot everything I have through it. Cycles perfectly on sub-sonic ammo which is saying something.

Burnt Jeep

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Woodway,TX
    I'm gonna pick one up eventually. Essentially the same as the P22, but I've heard the Ruger is 1000x more durable and reliable. I've seen a P22 get worn out. I believe it.

The P22 didn't feel right in my hands and I wasn't crazy about the location of the safety lever location. My SR22 does have a stout double action pull but not horrible and the smoothness of the single action pull more than makes up for it.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    About ten years ago, the going phrase was "buy a Ruger and expect a recall."

Let me think about this: SR9, LCP, MKIII, ... and some more.

I still buy Rugers because their customer service is second to no one, and the factory fix erases all my complaints.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My friend Bonnie and I had a range day today. Of the many firearms we took out to the range was my SR22. Bonnie had a sack full of .22LR rounds all mixed together. Some was solid, 40 gr, some HP 36 grain, many different brands and some of it was old and corroded. That pistol ate ALL of it, shot accurately and with ZERO malfunctions. The pistol is about 2 years old and in my memory has NEVER malfunctioned!

In all, the SR22 is a great firearm.......and there's no "BUT" at the end of that sentence.

Flash

Top Bottom