• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I fully dislocated my left arm from the shoulder. Took 3 full loads of fentanyl for the docs to put it back in.

The act of dislocation was not that painful. Everything afterward until it was back in the socket was almost as bad as getting kicked in the balls continuously.

My brother dislocated a rib and said breathing hurt so bad he could barely keep from crying every time he inhaled or exhaled. Sneezed and popped it back in a couple weeks later and passed right out cold from the pain.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I fully dislocated my left arm from the shoulder. Took 3 full loads of fentanyl for the docs to put it back in.

The act of dislocation was not that painful. Everything afterward until it was back in the socket was almost as bad as getting kicked in the balls continuously.

My brother dislocated a rib and said breathing hurt so bad he could barely keep from crying every time he inhaled or exhaled. Sneezed and popped it back in a couple weeks later and passed right out cold from the pain.
    Fortunately, I guess, this is not a dislocated shoulder.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've seen people get a separated shoulder and have it popped back in. There was intense pain for a moment, but they seemed to be ok. I had a frozen shoulder a few years ago and the pain about drove me mad. Took weeks of therapy - very painful therapy - to get it working again. Old age is not for the meek.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Dislocated mine after crashing a mountain bike. It hurt pretty good. Basically couldn’t use the arm. Managed to walk to the trail head and there was a guy there that was a trainer for the Dallas Stars. He and a buddy tried putting it back in the socket while I was standing. I was beginning to feel a bit shocky so they had me lay down on a bench and got it back in. Saved me a trip to the ER.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Those that have met me might get a giggle, or a cringe, depending.

I was on my back porch doing some cleanup 5-7 years ago, before I got it rebuilt, back then it was basically semi rotted plywood with sorta' okay beams with a few more okay spots to stand and walk. I had just gotten a section cleaned up that was towards the long side outer edge, and was walking across it to the next section on the open long edge when I was suddenly "standing" on my bad leg, with my good leg still propped up on the porch, and one helluva lotta numbness coming from my working arm in the shoulder and back area. I had heard o "pop" and thought it was just a piece of wood splintering. Then the pain hit.

So, here I am, a one armed, one legged gimp stuck in a 30" deep hole with my good leg stuck up on a platform, my left arm pinched between my body and a beam, with a useless good arm throbbing and shooting pain. After I got done cussing and using enough epitaphs to make a Sailor in Greens blush, and I did blush a bit, I did the only thing that came to mind, I popped it back into place. MOTHER EFFER!!, That EFFING HURT. But, I figured that I'd just as well do it then while things were still somewhat numb, than wait until it wasn't and had swollen up. NOT recommended.

After another 30 minutes or so of extracting techniques I also wouldn't recommend, I got myself inside with some ice and a 12 pack. When the X-Ray tech saw it the next day, he was quite impressed with the bruising pattern, as well as my stupidity in not going directly to the E.R. In my own defense though, I wasn't bleeding and I wasn't dead.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone here ever had a separated shoulder? How bad was the pain?

May have separated mine from the appearance, but the pain is manageable. Not what I would have thought from a separation.
    >
    Anyone here ever had a separated shoulder? How bad was the pain?

May have separated mine from the appearance, but the pain is manageable. Not what I would have thought from a separation.
    >
    If you have an “A/C separation”, which is most common, there is only a brief time to have it fixed. If that window is missed, either greater disability or additional, less-effective surgery may be necessary.

Do NOT “wait and see” !

leVieux

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    >

>
    If you have an “A/C separation”, which is most common, there is only a brief time to have it fixed. If that window is missed, either greater disability or additional, less-effective surgery may be necessary.

Do NOT “wait and see” !

leVieux
    You must know me. I tend to put off things like this to see if they get better on their own.

Broke down & made a doc appt., however.

Thanks for the advice.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    You must know me. I tend to put off things like this to see if they get better on their own.

Broke down & made a doc appt., however.

Thanks for the advice.

Good luck and speedy painless or less painful recovery.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston

I dislocated a rib climbing a rock wall. Wife and I were on Catalina island, had a penthouse suite with a hot tub celebrating my 10th anniversary.

I spent the weekend in the hot tub or in the bed. Only thing my wife was rubbing that weekend was tiger balm on my back. It was a sharp wincing pain with every breath.

Chiropractor had to pop it back in. It's actually been prone to pop out for years since.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Dislocated my right shoulder twice when I was a teenager (pool riding w/ skateboard & team volleyball practice), and dislocated my left shoulder in a skiing accident in my late 20s. Let's just say I could not throw a football or baseball properly afterwards. Painful during the injury, painful going back in (15mg demerol and 10 mg morphine), and sore and stiff for weeks after.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

WARNING

DISLOCATED SHOULDER

&

SEPARATED SHOULDER “A/C JOINT”

ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

If you think you have either, please seek Medical attention PROMPTLY.

With A/C separations, there is a time “window” during which surgical repair must be done, or it would fail. This is especially important in younger individuals. If primary repair is not done, any subsequent surgical correction can’t restore “normal”, pre-injury anatomy or function.

Delayed surgical corrections are possible, but don’t restore the anatomy nor return “normal” function.

Any serious shoulder injury should be promptly evaluated by an Orthopedic or Trauma Surgeon.

LeVieux

Last edited:

datguy0997

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Houston
    No experience with separated shoulder but have sprained it playing goalkeeper a few years back, it's not fun. I can only imagine the pain of something even more serious.

Top Bottom