• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It's important....the less bleach, hydrogen peroxide, etc - ANYTHING designed to kill bacteria - you flush into your septic, the better. And NEVER allow women's sanitary napkins to be flushed.

I had to break my wife of that when we moved into our new house. I had to explain we were on a septic tank and not a city sewer system anymore. (But she's past needing such things now.)
    Gun Zone Deals

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    YES BUGS! the traditional method for hand dugs systems is to start off with an animal head in a new system. Modern equivalents in a bottle work fine.

Wax seals and anchor bolts is just a sign of being lazy.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    YES BUGS! the traditional method for hand dugs systems is to start off with an animal head in a new system. Modern equivalents in a bottle work fine.

Wax seals and anchor bolts is just a sign of being lazy.
    Now I know what you do with all the trespassers!
    And as for lazy? I consider you an expert.

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    My soil has too much clay for a typical drain field, so I have an aerobic septic system with sprayer heads to disperse the water.

After 6 years our aerator quit working, we had to replace it and get our tanks pumped. Was told to have it pumped every 3-5 years, not use harsh chemicals and not have much food or oils go down the drain.

Also have to have a company come "inspect" our system 3 times a year or we can be fined by the county.

ETA: never added anything specific for the systems health, except what comes from my system.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Years ago I had a guy rent me a spot to put my trailer. He installed a septic system and threw a dead chicken in there once it was installed. Said it would start the bacteria. I have no clue if that’s a good idea or not.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    It's important....the less bleach, hydrogen peroxide, etc - ANYTHING designed to kill bacteria - you flush into your septic, the better. And NEVER allow women's sanitary napkins to be flushed.

If your on a septic the best is to put grey water (sinks and washer etc) out on to the ground NOT into the tank.

No need to put all that water /chemicals in to the tank.

Brown water yes
    Grey water no.

Havent been on a septic for yrs but my last one was that way.
    I will be on septic when I relocate to my country place and it will be set up this way.

In the 10plus yrs I had septic this way never needed to pump it (4 people in house then me wife and 2 kids).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    My soil has too much clay for a typical drain field, so I have an aerobic septic system with sprayer heads to disperse the water.

After 6 years our aerator quit working, we had to replace it and get our tanks pumped. Was told to have it pumped every 3-5 years, not use harsh chemicals and not have much food or oils go down the drain.

Also have to have a company come "inspect" our system 3 times a year or we can be fined by the county.

ETA: never added anything specific for the systems health, except what comes from my system.
    Thought those were *anaerobic* ?
    Worked with a guy selling his home had one. It had been going 20 years. Inspector came out and the first tank, for solids, had a couple of inches at most. Seems they work pretty well. And he had several daughters.

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    Thought those were *anaerobic* ?
    Worked with a guy selling his home had one. It had been going 20 years. Inspector came out and the first tank, for solids, had a couple of inches at most. Seems they work pretty well. And he had several daughters.

For mine specifically the 1st tank is anaerobic, the 2nd is aerobic because the pump adds oxygen and then there is a 3rd tank that pumps out the "clean" water. Also there is a spot to add chlorine to the pump tank, as an extra step to clean the water.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    For mine specifically the 1st tank is anaerobic, the 2nd is aerobic because the pump adds oxygen and then there is a 3rd tank that pumps out the "clean" water. Also there is a spot to add chlorine to the pump tank, as an extra step to clean the water.
    And after that, it's potable, correct?

Top Bottom