• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My Thermostat is set at 78 degrees from 8am to midnight. The A/C gets turned off at midnight and is off all night. Breeze from Galveston Bay keeps it around 78-79 all night. There are ceiling fans in every room and Jake & I sleep under a 52" fan. I sleep under a sheet and one blanket. The bill this month was $180 but we've been home a lot during the day.

When the electric provider calls for reductions during peak usage, they are trying to save YOU money! Once the peak is set, they must be equipped to provide for that level of demand from that point forward. When the peak is raised, your bill is raised, too.

I'm just mindful of our usage here. Laundry can be done early or late in the day and that gives some relief for peak demand. I cook dinner in the microwave instead of the oven and shower late to keep the water heater offline during peak demand times.

If everyone did that, we'd all be better off! What's so hard about that?

Flash

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    My Thermostat is set at 78 degrees from 8am to midnight. The A/C gets turned off at midnight and is off all night. Breeze from Galveston Bay keeps it around 78-79 all night. There are ceiling fans in every room and Jake & I sleep under a 52" fan. I sleep under a sheet and one blanket. The bill this month was $180 but we've been home a lot during the day.

When the electric provider calls for reductions during peak usage, they are trying to save YOU money! Once the peak is set, they must be equipped to provide for that level of demand from that point forward. When the peak is raised, your bill is raised, too.

I'm just mindful of our usage here. Laundry can be done early or late in the day and that gives some relief for peak demand. I cook dinner in the microwave instead of the oven and shower late to keep the water heater offline during peak demand times.

If everyone did that, we'd all be better off! What's so hard about that?

Flash
    Gas water heater, gas stove, and gas dryer make this largely irrelevant. Natural gas is cheap and plentiful.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    If I wanted to eat microwaved dinners my whole life I would have stayed single.

I cook every meal at home but when our electric provider issues a warning that the peak is going to be exceeded, some easy changes are available to ease the high demand. It's no big deal. Everything is electric in rural east Texas.

Been single since 1975 and I cook what, when and how I please. If one choice eases high electrical demand..... why not do that?

Flash

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If I wanted to eat microwaved dinners my whole life I would have stayed single.

I cook every meal at home but when our electric provider issues a warning that the peak is going to be exceeded, some easy changes are available to ease the high demand. It's no big deal. Everything is electric in rural east Texas.

Been single since 1975 and I cook what, when and how I please. If one choice eases high electrical demand..... why not do that?

Flash
    I believe YG is the hunter/gatherer type.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I do 77 or 78 on cool....during the winter never even turn on the heat. in an efficiency apt. a space heater works quite well.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    It’s a variable rate based on income

I dunno what anyone else’s rate was or is...but our rate was what I posted.
    And was posted in the correct past tense not present

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No, I mean, you referred to folks in California and referred to them as "we", or referred to the rates using "our". If you're a Texan now, everything having anything to do with California is now a "they", "their", "them" dealio now. ;)

I'd write that as, "the rate they charged me was". See what I mean?

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Ahh, he's doin' ok. It takes more time to adapt to TX from CA than from some place like Iowa.
    Yeah, we reformed Iowans are easy to spot.
    m_hillbilly.gif

Attachments

• m_hillbilly.gif
      m_hillbilly.gif
      102 bytes · Views: 208
    Top Bottom