• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If you want the gun take it in trade, and document the date, other guy's name, etc, etc, in a bill of sale. Have him sign it, and you have documentation. If it's found to be stolen you'll lose the gun and the equipment probably, but that's alot better than catching a felony for a stolen firearm.

Why would you "catch a felony"?
    DK Firearms

treyw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Central TX
    Depending on the jurisdictiction like I said. Possession of a stolen firearm is an offense. You can be arrested and charged with it. It is your responsibility to prove that you were inculpable that the firearm was stolen. The laws set forth by the state can be interpreted differently by different jurisdictions. An example is the 80th Legs. Session readdressed the traveler's clause for carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle. The statute said it was a defense to prosecution for Unlawful Carrying of a Firearm if you were traveling, the firearms was concealed, you were not a member of a street gang, and you were detained for nothing more than a violation of the transportation code(traffic stop). Our county attorney interpreted that traveling meant leaving your driveway to drive to Wal Mart. Bexar and Harris Counties had a different interpretation, and if an officer found the gun you would be arrested.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    I'm not sure if this is the right place but I wanted to know if someone has access to NCIC ( if SN check is possible :confused:) or any means of determining whether a handgun is stolen property or not. I have been offered a trade for a SIG P220 .45 (sn# G128354) in place of some of my car audio equipment. The trade seems a little too good to be true so I want to make sure this gun is legit first. Is there a way to determine whether the gun is stolen or not? My location is Houston, Tx btw if that makes any difference.

As of today, 10-26-09 this handgun does not come up as a stolen firearm in the NCIC. Hope Im not too late on this for you.

Top Bottom