• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    what is the statute of limitation on sexual abuse of a child?

A known predator who is convicted and serving time for the same charge. Is it worth coming forward and initiating new charges? Or let the worm lie in his own filth? The "new" allegations would be from the 1970's.....
    Guns International

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    A few things to consider IMO.

1. what is the predator's current sentence? When is the predator scheduled for release? What will the predator's age be at the predator's current scheduled release date? If it says "no release date scheduled" then it may not be worth it, as the jailed person will likely die in prison.
    https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/start.action

2. is the person with the new allegations willing to go through the trauma of investigations, and testifying in a trial? I hear its rough re-living the details of the incident(s).

3. is the person with the new allegations willing to be publicly exposed by the new action? Often, shame of the violation makes it hard for the victim to endure public exposure.

IMO, if the person will get out at an age they could do it again, then maybe its worth it. Only a victim can answer that question of "is it worth it."

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Last I checked and that was a while back child sex crimes were good for 10 years after the victims 18th birthday.

Top Bottom