• ...and so much more!
  • Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    That's what I was going to ask about.

The complete modernization of their forces hasn't quite begun at full speed yet, but it's what they're all eventually leaning towards. Almost all of the Eastern Bloc countries have either begun switching or have already switched. The Baltic states also are beginning to. The Middle East is a very slow mover on the subject though, because they are just so used to the AK47 because of vast oversupply.
    Capitol Armory ad

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's an excellent round, and it shouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon.
    It really is an excellent round... I think if the surplus supply ever does dry up, it will actually push the round more into the main steam rather than obscurity. Of course it won't be comparatively inexpensive at that point, so I'm hoping the surplus keeps flowing ;)

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    The reason that it hasn't gained global notoriety yet is just because back in the cold war, the Soviets would throw crates and crates of free AK47's at anyone that said they hated America, but they were more reserved with their newer AK74's. So due to that global abundance of excess AK47's, it's gonna take a little time for the models using the 5.45 to come to the forefront, since everyone is still used to seeing the familiar AK47. However, that being said, the 5.45 models are slowly gaining notoriety.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    '74's are very nice rifles. Recoil is negligible, accuracy is much improved, and it maintains the familiar reliability of the '47.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    '74's are very nice rifles. Recoil is negligible, accuracy is much improved, and it maintains the familiar reliability of the '47.

i've owned like 7 '74 pattern rifles. they are amazing weapons and prefer then over the 7.62 variant, just prefer my ARs. The rest are collector items for me.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    so i've decided to liquidate my 5.45 collection. i will be posting the WTS ad this weekend. A heads up i have about 30 mags, including bakelites, plums and unissued bulgy's. about 5k ammo left and a cherry ak-105 clone build from an arsenal 31-94.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    so i've decided to liquidate my 5.45 collection. i will be posting the WTS ad this weekend. A heads up i have about 30 mags, including bakelites, plums and unissued bulgy's. about 5k ammo left and a cherry ak-105 clone build from an arsenal 31-94.

Well shoot, I may buy one off ya.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Interested as well.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Location?

pflugerville

Especially interested in that AK-105 clone

heres a vid of the LAST time i shot her...

ill post complete specs and a list of the goodies hopefully this weekend.

rifle has an RS AKM optic mount with a comp m2 on it. It can be sold with gun or without.

Will probably price the AK around $1800.00 + $300 for optic setup.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Any updates? Interested in ammo and mags.

sorry, something came up and.... my wife talked me out of it.

sorry for all the excitement, but ill hold onto her for a lil while longer...unless someone tosses a lot of cash at me. :D

Top Bottom