Target Sports

Seriously you guys: what is the GOP leadership thinking on immigration "reform"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I know they don't view "rounding 'them' up" and sending them home as a viable option..

I know they want to have industry a big win in terms of suppressing labor costs.

What else do they really think they are getting from this?

How do they not see it as political suicide or do they view NOT dealing with it as a worse fate?

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    I beleieve its more on increasing the tax and voter base and selling it to America as a good thing.

Disregarding immigration laws and not enforcing said laws all while trying to write new legislation to deal with this definately raises some questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    canstock16753002.jpg

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The only things that I can think of are:

Businesses are short sighted and want cheap labor now.

The GOP is naively viewing this as controlling the debate, leading the charge to fix the system and hoping to make political hay from that.

The leadership 100% has sold out to the puppet masters and is just doing their bidding to create a massive labor/servant class which can be controlled. (don't worry, this will include lots of Blacks and Whites too)

Last, the one that makes the most sense to me: the leadership views this as a pragmatic solution to a problem that has to be dealt with. They know that no one is going to advocate for the laws being enforced (those pesky things get harder to enforce, the longer you neglect them). They know this is going to sink their battleship in terms of demographics, but by "controlling" it, they are hoping to minimize the damage.

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    Last, the one that makes the most sense to me: the leadership views this as a pragmatic solution to a problem that has to be dealt with. They know that no one is going to advocate for the laws being enforced (those pesky things get harder to enforce, the longer you neglect them). They know this is going to sink their battleship in terms of demographics, but by "controlling" it, they are hoping to minimize the damage.

/\/\/\/\ THIS/\/\/\/\

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The GOP leadership is no different than the DEM leadership. Self serving liars out for their own power or money.

Why would you expect anything different? They are only going to represent your interest when it's convenient for them.

MrBigIron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    The GOP leadership is no different than the DEM leadership. Self serving liars out for their own power or money.

While I believe there is some truth to all politicians being somewhat self-serving, I would not go so far as to suggest GOP leadership is no different than DEM leadership. At least on some of the issues. For example, every major piece of restrictive gun laws have been passed by a Democratic majority. That alone causes me to view DEM leadership differently, not to mention all the myriad other issues they are against that I'm for, or vice versa. Maybe this is not what you were suggesting though. Perhaps you're speaking more about conviction (or lack thereof) and, if so, I would have to somewhat agree. Though I do like to believe that there are some conservative politicians who do have convictions regardless of personal gain... though I may be kidding myself.

Fred B.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I just meant there's a lack of a true sense of service, fairness and morality among them all.

I feel like that vastly overshadows any policy differences.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The population demographic of the United States is changing. Any party that does not understand how important it is to address the issues this demographic shift poses will soon be history book fodder.

Like it or not the failure has already occurred. The genie cannot be put back into the bottle. Adapt or die.

MrBigIron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Btw, I think Mexican Hippie is correct on GOP leadership hoping to gain the vote of newly legalized Mexicans, as well as those here legally. They want that vote to offset the Dems' black vote. George W., I believe, was trying to earn favor with the Mexican population in America. And Hippie is right, that's the way politics works. When your party loses consecutive presidential elections, they start looking for new voters to sway the future outcome. They cater. But it's a razor's edge they must walk... for what good are new voters if you lose a significant portion of your base voters?

Fred B.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Btw, I think Mexican Hippie is correct on GOP leadership hoping to gain the vote of newly legalized Mexicans, as well as those here legally. They want that vote to offset the Dems' black vote. George W., I believe, was trying to earn favor with the Mexican population in America. And Hippie is right, that's the way politics works. When your party loses consecutive presidential elections, they start looking for new voters to sway the future outcome. They cater. But it's a razor's edge they must walk... for what good are new voters if you lose a significant portion of your base voters?

Fred B.

If the Republicans are going to be cool with just constantly re-writing or ignoring law, like BHO...how can anyone who believes in the rule of law or the Constitution vote for them?

I'm no big 3rd party person, but this is getting out of hand.

I'm not a GOP cool aid drinker. I am a social conservative, but I blast the Republicans for the deficit spending for their pet projects, wars, subsidies, bail outs and so on.

Top Bottom