• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Shot himself while drawing? Wow. Interested in what they find on this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I see better now. There is a button to release the pistol and the finger ends up on the trigger.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It's a bad design. Training can mitigate this but under stress people still revert to using the tip of the finger to push the button if the first draw attempt fails.

If you use the pad of your finger you're golden as it lays right along the frame upon drawing. Muscle memory.

If you use the tip of your finger it will invariably end up in the trigger guard upon drawing. Muscle memory about where a curled trigger finger goes. Add to that stress of a bad first attempt and your senses/memory doesnt have enough time to put the finger along the slide and bang.

I have seen this hundreds of times from first time users with blue guns. Thank god no bangs but I take the time to explain it to noobs weather they want to hear it or not. It shocks people as to how much pressure hits the trigger in these instances. Striker guns will go off like this.

That's if your not one of the many whose gun is locked in the holster cause a small grain of sand or pebble got under the lever. Then you have a useless thing to hit people with cause the guns not coming out.

If you have used a thumb break holster stick with the level 2 or 3 holsters that have the retention thumb activated. No big changes to your draw stroke.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    In through the thigh and out through the ankle. Ouch. Hope there is no permanent damage.

Don't use Sherpa.

Nice thing about 1911. External safety.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Tex was using a thumb drive holster, not serpa.

Regardless of the gun and holster combo neither mixes with "tard".

Knock on wood, throw salt over shoulder, 5 hail Mary's, thus but for the grace of god and all that shit

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Tex was using a thumb drive holster, not serpa.

Regardless of the gun and holster combo neither mixes with "tard".

Knock on wood, throw salt over shoulder, 5 hail Mary's, thus but for the grace of god and all that shit

Rewatch the video. He started the day with the 5.11 Thumbdrive. He shot himself while using the Serpa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Serpa holster involved: THESE HOLSTERS ARE DANGEROUS!

Glock involved: THIS GUN IS PERFECTLY SAFE!

I’ve been told there was no such thing as an ND before the Glock Pistol was released on the American market.

perfor8

God, guns, and guts
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Personally, I think it's a faulty design and have approached my superiors requesting Serpa holsters be unapproved for duty use at my agency and not be allowed on our agency range.

Hey, something on which we agree... trigger fingers are for triggers, not for something very similar to a trigger PLUS the trigger.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Look at Tex Grebner’s world famous video. Even Serpa’s and 1911’s don’t mix.

I am not a fan of a Serpa holster, but the external safety should not be switched off in the holster or while drawing. I assume you are saying something about the Sherpa design led to the external safety being inadvertently released?

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I am not a fan of a Serpa holster, but the external safety should not be switched off in the holster or while drawing. I assume you are saying something about the Sherpa design led to the external safety being inadvertently released?

No, I’m not saying that at all. I am saying the Serpa is the most successfully marketed trash holster of all time.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    No, I’m not saying that at all. I am saying the Serpa is the most successfully marketed trash holster of all time.

I am not arguing about Sherpa or its marketing campaign. Don't own one, don't want to own one.

I am trying to find out how a properly handled 1911 discharged when being drawn from a Sherpa.

Top Bottom