• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Hopefully this is the right forum for this..but being that many of you gun owners have large acreage of land somewhere, I was wondering, if buying a large plot of empty land with no utlities set up, in your past experiences, how much does it cost to get a septic tank/water, electricity, and sewage set up?

Thanks,
    DTOWNMJ
    DK Firearms

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Really Depends on the Property and how much utility access there is nearby. A modern septic system will run upwards of 10K

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    $20-25/ft to drill the well. $7/ft to install poles and run overhead electric service from the road and $12k for our septic.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    What are you wanting to put on it? Full house? On or off grid? Just got a well priced to go down 700' for 16,000$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    I just got done getting a quote for septic for my house. Appraisal district had it valued at $13,000 less depreciation. My septic is very basic, a tank and gravity lines out, no aerobic pump. A new install for a 4 bedroom house under 2500 square ft in Nueces county runs $4800.

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    I was quoted $10.00 a foot for electric. I am 1200 feet from the nearest pole which is why I haven't done it yet. If I go underground with the electric, it must be installed 5 feet below grade, and yes they must come out and measure it.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I was quoted $10.00 a foot for electric. I am 1200 feet from the nearest pole which is why I haven't done it yet. If I go underground with the electric, it must be installed 5 feet below grade, and yes they must come out and measure it.

Not doubting the quote, or the requirement.
    Sure wondering why they require 5' cover though.
    Code calls for 3'.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    If you are mechanically inclined, you can rent a trencher and trench your electric lines yourself. Same goes with digging your septic tank and putting it in place.

If you aren't mechanical, do a weekend BBQ spread and invite friends who are to come help, if you have enough property let them hunt pigs on it or use your shooting range in exchange for helping as well.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Is underground electric a county to county thing? I used to have underground electric in Milam county, but it went bad and the electric company told me I can't replace the underground wire as that is no longer supported. Had to get a pole and roof jack installed for overhead wires.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Is underground electric a county to county thing? I used to have underground electric in Milam county, but it went bad and the electric company told me I can't replace the underground wire as that is no longer supported. Had to get a pole and roof jack installed for overhead wires.

It varies more by utility company.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom