• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    San Antonio, Texas
    Gentlemen and Ladies,

Last Thursday my significant other (an ex-Army Major) and I had our house burglarized and several guns were stolen in the process. Sadly (and you can all call me a D-A**) but I am still looking for that safe place I put the serial numbers. Until then we'd at least like to get the awareness out there as they are pretty unique.

M1903 Springfield, .30 cal. S.A. 4-18 made barrel. Stock is stamped in three lines "5 MISS A" and front sight collar is smashed on one side. Should have nickle oiler in stock and reproduction leather sling.

German Gew-88 Commission Rifle 8mm Mauser. Made by Styer in 1890. Unconverted, (does not take 98 style clips). Has a floorplate covering the hole in the bottom of the magazine. Also should have reproduction sling.

M39 Finnish Mosin-Nagant. 7.62x54R Sako 1941 with original sling.RECOVERED by SAPD! 03/15/2011

M1817 Common Rifle, military, muzzle loader, coverted to percussion cap. This is actually a custom made reproduction. Lockplate says 1821 Derrigner. Barrel is marked "Anderson" and serial number "10". Has sling and a "U" shaped muskert tool in patchbox.

Sharps buffalo gun .54 cap-and-ball.

Spencer Carbine, all rubber movie prop (seriously, they took it)

Fake M1 /M2 carbine made by Model Gun Corp. (see above comment)

M1909 Colt New Service Revovler. Full U.S. Army markings. .45 LC

Reproduction Colt 3rd Model Dragoon cut for shoulder stock and long range rear site. "Made in Germany" by San Marco

Reproduction Uberti "Texas Dragoon" new in box.RECOVERED by SAPD! 03/15/2011

Two reproduction 1836 Colt Patersons. Made by Uberti, one with loading lever and one without, both new in box. Serial numbers A55695 and A56891 respectivelyRECOVERED by SAPD! 03/15/2011

Reproduction M1840 Cavalry Saber

Reproduction M1913 Patton Saber with black blade and green scabbard.

As you can see, not much has real "street" value and most pawnbrokers I know won't touch cap and ball stuff so fear most of it will end up in the river. Please keep your eyes pealed as the true value of these things is sentimental to me. (the M1903 was an Xmas gift from my parents 25 years ago).

As soon as a I find the paper with the serial numbers I will list those to. BIG reward for their return (heck, I'd pay the scumbags double what a pawnbroker would give them just to have them back).

Most Sincerely and broken heartedly,
    Chris Fischer

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for posting the details Chris. Sorry to hear about the theft. That is a pretty significant list. If anything, hopefully considering the sheer number of items stolen, maybe it will make the thieves that much more likely to get caught.

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Damn that sucks, had my car broken into a few weeks back... what neighborhood or side of town are you on? More than likely the thieves are young and will be dumb enough try and get their girlfriends to make the sells for them. The good thing for you is there is a certain niche for these very unique weapons, it's not like they can go up one of their homies and sell him an M1903 to use in their next gang fight. I hope this turns around in your favor, keep us posted! Oh and I am just curious and you don't have to anwer if you prefer not to, but were your firearms in a safe or locked away at all?

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Chris,

I am so very sorry to read of your situation. Please e-mail or post here when you find the serial numbers. I will alert stores in my area of the descriptions, as some will stand out like a sore thumb. You never know how far and how fast these will travel.

Hoping for the best.

FTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    San Antonio, Texas
    I live in the Fort Sam Houston/Harry Wurzbach area. Most of the guns were in a cheap safe, all it did was slow them down a little. Thanks for the support guys, PLEASE feel free to print the list up and pass it about. I doubt they are leaving the SA area. I continue to take a day off from work to find those serial numbers...in the future I will have several copies in various places I can find!

If you know of any other forums I may need to check, places to look for, or other ideas, let me know, I am kind of knew at this stolen gun thing.

Chris Fischer

FTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    San Antonio, Texas
    UPDATE! OK STILL looking for serial numbers, but went to a local gunshop with a very detailed description of the guns and their eyes got huge, several of them WERE offered to the store last Thursday, including the M1903. While they did not do business (they guy's story made them nervous) they did get some information and are pulling the security video right now for the detective! SO I am still a little hopeful!

In other news, this was IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD. May have nothing to do with my situatiuon, but it is one last person like this to worry about and make people feel the way I feel.

Officer shoots and kills burglary suspect

GO BIG BLUE!

FTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    San Antonio, Texas
    OK, I know its been several months, but my father did find my list of serial numbers for the non-blackpowder arms.

M1903 Springfield, Springfield Armory 1918, SNXX7412

German Gew-88 Commission Rifle 8mm Mauser. Made by Styer in 1890. SNX666

M39 Finnish Mosin-Nagant. 7.62x54R Sako 1944, SNXX2599

M1909 Colt New Service Revolver. SNXX323

Thanks for looking out guys! This information has also been attached to our case # with the SAPD and I have sent a copy to a person I know with the local AFT office.

Chris Fischer

FTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    San Antonio, Texas
    gunshop

In San Antonio you are rather limited for actual gun stores. The two biggest are Durey's where I tried and missed the criminals by a couple days, the other big one is Nagal's, but honestly you would have to do like I am doing and just make a running check of all the gun stores and pawn shops.

Chris Fischer

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    It's always a good idea to have an electronic copy of the S/N's, too. I type them out then email them to myself so I can essentially have them anywhere there is a computer nearby. Of course, there are privacy risks involved with that.

FTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    San Antonio, Texas
    UPDATE!

Reproduction Uberti "Texas Dragoon" new in box.RECOVERED by SAPD!

Two reproduction 1836 Colt Patersons. Made by Uberti, one with loading lever and one without, both new in box. Serial numbers A55695 and A56891 respectively.RECOVERED by SAPD!

M39 Finnish Mosin-Nagant. 7.62x54R Sako 1941 with original sling.RECOVERED by SAPD!

It may not be much, but its better than nothing! Keep they faith guys.

Chris Fischer
    Proud Owner of a much more significant gunsafe and alarm system...;-)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Kudos to the SAPD in recovering these stolen guns! Those guys don't get the appreciation the deserve, it can't be an easy task getting stolen firearms back and these deserve credit when they do!

Can you elaborate on how they were recovered? Did someone attempt to sell or pawn them, or were they discovered during a search? Were you provided with any of the details?

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom