• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    San Antonio, Texas
    Gunsafe: Some cheap sheet steel thing I had since I was a teenager, didn't take much for them to get in.
    Recovery: My significant other and I had hit all the pawnshops and such every few months, we passed out flyers, etc. During Spring Break we spent a day doing it and on the LAST shop, we saw one of her rings in a case. Went to the SAPD and reported it, cop went there and recovered her ring and the four guns mentioned above.

Proplems: Bless the overworked SAPD, but at the same time due to high crime rate, property crimes are LOW priority...the serial numbers we turned in back in Sept. as a addendum to our case were never entered into the database until we reported we had found stolen items on our own (this lit a fire under the detective to make things right I think and he had results in TWO HOURS! SERIOUSLY!). They are pressing charges on two individuals.

The most disgusting part is that I turned in pictures and descriptions AND serial numbers to the pawnshop last May (2010), all four of the guns were in their backroom according to the police and the date on the pawnshop records as to when they were sold to the shop. All four were on layaway several times (one had actually sold and the police recovered it too)...they KNEW they had my stuff and sold it anyway!!!!

Chris Fischer

ii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Austin
    The most disgusting part is that I turned in pictures and descriptions AND serial numbers to the pawnshop last May (2010), all four of the guns were in their backroom according to the police and the date on the pawnshop records as to when they were sold to the shop. All four were on layaway several times (one had actually sold and the police recovered it too)...they KNEW they had my stuff and sold it anyway!!!!
    Chris Fischer

Similar issue happend to me.
    Write to the local ATF branch in your area and present them with the facts and evidence. ATF has the power to revoke their FFL license and put these folks out of business.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    FTrooper,

You should report this to the Consumer Credit Commission. I will PM there contact information. They are the agency that oversee's pawn shop regulations and they will not think highly of this.

Top Bottom