Military Camp

Sew a holster to the inside of your pants?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enochwel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    So i have an issue with the belt clip found on all of the secure IWB holsters.
    1) such a clip has snagged the leather of my car seat and ripped a gaping hole.
    2) it's not total concealment if you can see the clip.

My thought is to sew a buttonsnap onto the inside of my pants to secure the holster.

This would be for either a Kel-Tek PF9 or a Beretta Pico and the like. Maybe an XDS which I would like to purchase soon.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I really like your idea. Give it a go and get back to us with a report.

I can’t stand ANY holster that uses clips that are visible when worn. That goes for the almighty Cross Breed and clones as well. They just scream GUN!!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    First, a holster clip is not a firearm, so there's no need to conceal it.

Secondly, if you have a compact enough handgun, there are pocket holsters already available. The biggest problem I have experienced with them is that they don't allow for as quick or as easy of a draw as from a normal holster.

That said, I have carried a full-sized XD in the internal pocket of my 5.11 tactical kilt. It actually holds the slide pretty well, although I don't think I would engage in any physical activity carrying it in that fashion. Now that we have OC in Texas, I just wear it on my belt and don't worry about it. If I happen across any 30.07 signs, I just turn around ad take my business elsewhere. It's pretty easy...

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    You can very easily install two button snaps on a pair of pants and matching snaps on your holster. Then you can pull the holster for washing and drying the pants. Snaps easily open when you pull away or twist them. When you try to pull them latterly like drawing a pistol the snaps won’t separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    1) such a clip has snagged the leather of my car seat and ripped a gaping hole.
    2) it's not total concealment if you can see the clip.

1.) I have that problem when carrying my springfield range officer OWB (my preferrd carry). I just unholster it now but its the mag that drags on the seat. Ive never had an issue with clips catching. Im going to assume its a metal clip? Cant see a plastic clip tearing a seat, and if it was that sharp, id deburr it

2.) It is per the law! As for personal preference, no one notices it. With all the cell phones and other gizmos people carry daily, a small clip wont be noticed. Heck, no one notices the full sized 1911 or beretta 92 I carry OWB as long as I leave my shirt untucked! Even my wife will sometimes ask me if Im carrying and she has been by my side all day long! Ive carried many places posted 30.07 this way and no one has said a thing. If they dont notice a full sized pistol bulging from my hip, there is no way they are going to notice a small clip on a belt!

Its a neat idea and if you want to do it, go for it. Otherwise, it isnt needed and it really limits your options on carry and apparel.

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Great idea if it works for you. Be interested to see how it turns out.
    That said, functionally, and in practice and another take on IWB, sans clip, hard to beat the Sticky for smaller handguns, IWB, mentioned in the original post.

Using the Sticky I routinely appendix carry a J-Frame IWB, between the elastic band and skin, in gym/walking shorts/sweat pants and jeans when walking the pup in Meth-Head/Stray Pit Bull County, Arkansas.

Despite having to chase her down a couple of times, have yet to have the firearm be, or feel insecure, even with gym shorts.

It also doubles as a good pocket carry holster ... easy to draw; not quite as easy to re-holster, but to me that's most likely not going to be a consideration if I'm forced to draw.

Enochwel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    Great idea if it works for you. Be interested to see how it turns out.
    That said, functionally, and in practice and another take on IWB, sans clip, hard to beat the Sticky for smaller handguns, IWB, mentioned in the original post.

Using the Sticky I routinely appendix carry a J-Frame IWB, between the elastic band and skin, in gym/walking shorts/sweat pants and jeans when walking the pup in Meth-Head/Stray Pit Bull County, Arkansas.

Despite having to chase her down a couple of times, have yet to have the firearm be, or feel insecure, even with gym shorts.

It also doubles as a good pocket carry holster ... easy to draw; not quite as easy to re-holster, but to me that's most likely not going to be a consideration if I'm forced to draw.
    I also have a clingy holster that works well. But I have a few times had to adjust in public, and the tendency to touch when I feel something is off chips away at my confidence. I use it almost daily though. I'm going to try my button snap idea next month and get back.

Thanks for the input guys, and sorry it took me this long to respond. I have a lot going on and forgot about this post tbh.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah it works great - used it today :)

iwj89k.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts