• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Decided to kill some paper this afternoon. Wife and I went to SGA Crosby. Walk in to 4 customers standing around watching one tap a tablet. Two pretty girls behind the counter. They are standing there. The blond says the I-Pad is the "new" way to check in, and it takes a long time to enter the info the first time. So now there are 5 of us watching the guy at the tablet. And 2 employees doing nothing at the counter. I decided being at the end of the line we were going to be waiting half an hour just to give our info to SGA. 5 people waiting and employees not working, if this is customer service then SGA can have it all to themselves. There are ranges down the road in Sheldon, Humble, Spring@1960,and on the road to Dayton. You would think SGA would know this. When the place first opened a kid refused a discount because he had not seen the ads offering them. I walked then and I walked today. The other ranges are cheaper too. End of rant.
    Hurley's Gold

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It is a large hassle, and I'm not sure why they went this route.
    However, once you've done the initial login it only requires your phone number for follow up visits.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Paper waivers are a hassle.......but.....thought about the I-PAD way and looked into it.......costly and slow...........and our customers tend to be older and the "I don't do computers" types......does make me wonder how they get by without one....

Trying to get them to do 4473 electronically? Forget it....

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    All SGAs are like this now?

Sad, if it's true. I've only been to the one on Spring Cypress and it was great but it's been a few years. I'll be dropping by today to fondle a Beretta compact APX.

You know Discount Tire is the same way but people don't mind DTS saving their car/tire info!

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I purchased a pistol at Academy today and the 4473 on the pad was quicker than doing it on paper. I am going on 63 but I have been working with computer applications for a long time.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    For the generation that clearly remembers typewriters, the transition to computer/tablet based anything is a little less natural than for people who were born in the late 70s on.

I do agree that if a range( or any other facility that is day use) is going to have a tablet waiver system then they should have enough devices to accommodate more than one customer at a time.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    All SGAs are like this now?

Sad, if it's true. I've only been to the one on Spring Cypress and it was great but it's been a few years. I'll be dropping by today to fondle a Beretta compact APX.

You know Discount Tire is the same way but people don't mind DTS saving their car/tire info!

Yes, however you can sign in by texting while on the way once you have done the initial registration.

Top Bottom