• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Buzzards are federally protected...before someone criminally incriminates them self
    We know such things. My intent was to point out the disparity in physical size of "bird". I suppose "hummingbird or ostrich?" would be a better range, yet less likely.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Buzzards are federally protected...before someone criminally incriminates them self
    Hmmm...maybe more ...all migratory birds, other than game birds...ducks, geese, etc..

PER TPWD....

Birds
    1. Wild Birds: All wild birds that migrate through or are indigenous to Texas, along with their plumage or other parts, eggs, nests and young are protected from harming, killing and/or possession by state and federal law except that European starlings, English sparrows, and feral pigeons may be killed at any time and their nests and eggs may be destroyed. A permit is not required to control grackles; cowbirds; yellow-headed, red-winged, rusty or Brewer's blackbirds; crows or magpies when these birds are considered a nuisance or causing a public health hazard. No birds may be controlled by any means considered illegal by local city or county ordinance.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    We know such things. My intent was to point out the disparity in physical size of "bird". I suppose "hummingbird or ostrich?" would be a better range, yet less likely.

Most of us do, but some dont hunt & the temptation to shoot a bird no one can see @ 100yards without an optic ...ie RO, the shooter just might not know hes breaking a law. Hell how many people post questions that most gun owners should know.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Most of us do, but some dont hunt & the temptation to shoot a bird no one can see @ 100yards without an optic ...ie RO, the shooter just might not know hes breaking a law. Hell how many people post questions that most gun owners should know.
    Toche.
    We've seen some questionable questions.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    As God as my witness in 1974 at least 15 guys with M-16's and 20 round mags. About to open fire. Just as the fire command is given a small Deer walks up on the berm behind the targets. From my vantage point every muzzle swings toward the Deer. Mags are all empty and the dust around the deer is great. Cease fire is still being screamed over the P.A. system. The Deer sniffs the air and walks away off the berm. We were on a 100 yard range. It's why we were called the Chair Force.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    We were on the 300 lane at PSC sunday and one of those stork thingies flew in and landed at about the 50 right in front of everybody. Sonny boy was shooting so I kinda had an eye out for anyone taking a potshot at it.

No one paid it a bit of mind.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I only ever saw 2 animals shot at MSA, and they were both rattlesnakes. The first one took me 3 shots from a 100 yards with a 308. The second one the RO took out with his 1911 at the bathroom door.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I only ever saw 2 animals shot at MSA, and they were both rattlesnakes. The first one took me 3 shots from a 100 yards with a 308. The second one the RO took out with his 1911 at the bathroom door.
    Rattlesnakes are one thing, but I believe that birds and furry creatures are a no no.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Rattlesnakes are one thing, but I believe that birds and furry creatures are a no no.

Well, some furry creatures...
    Point Blur_Apr292019_224411.jpg

Nearly shot a water moccasin once.

Attachments

• Point Blur_Apr292019_224411.jpg
      Point Blur_Apr292019_224411.jpg
      126.9 KB · Views: 564

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    It had been raining a lot. Water had backed up everywhere.
    Just Behind the firing line at my gun club was a drainage ditch. Normally dry but now it had about 2ft of water.
    I was shooting from the bench and had turned to get something when I noticed something very large moving in the ditch mere feet away fom me.
    Curious, I approached. It was a farking huge alligator. A good 11’-12’er. He just sunk down as I approached. He sat on the bottom just below the water surface. Looking around i found a piece of a tree limb. I lobbed it on top of him. That dang gator exploded out of the water snapping at the limb! I about crapitated meself. LoL.
    I sure as heck didn’t want to shoot the thing. Throwing things at gators is a waste of time. They really don’t care.

Top Bottom