Join TexasGunTalk

Sh... you see at the range

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by Kar98, Feb 13, 2017.

1. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

They didn't display their class 3 license badge when asked!

2. zackmars

zackmars Well-Known

Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Its usually easy to tell if you are familar with the firearms in question, and have a basic understanding of NFA regulations

3. Aus_Schwaben

Aus_Schwaben První k vědět, poslední k péče!

Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I believe the weapons were a model that were only manufactured in semi-auto. One person claimed they were SKS models.

General Zod likes this.
  4. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Most all semi auto can be bump fired. Everything around that Las Vegas shooting said machine-gun

5. Aus_Schwaben

Aus_Schwaben První k vědět, poslední k péče!

Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    This was before the bump fire was introduced.

6. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    When was bump fire introduced?

Mills likes this.
  7. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Wheel Gun Nut TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    However long it took someone handling a Mannlicher 85 to figure it out. ;)

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  8. mnpshooter

mnpshooter Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    In the last couple outings to the range I have seen too many new shooters that obviously had never touched a gun before.
    1. Guy trying to clear a jam with his finger on the trigger.
    2. Husband and wife with their new AR that went through many magazines without hitting the target at 15yds. As a bonus the wife was somehow shooting the track that the target rides on.
    3. Guy sighting in his new 308 bolt gun on a 25yrd range. He had it resting on his range bag and I laughed to myself as I saw the end of the barrel moving all over the place.
    Stay safe out there.

9. Glenn B

Glenn B Well-Known TGT Supporter

Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    Saw this at the range today. I report only, I will not make any comments on what I thought about his range etiquette, I'll leave the comments to you.

Too bad I did not have my phone ready when he was handling his pistol grip only shotgun earlier; that he unloaded live rounds from while pointing it at the road behind the firing line (the exact opposite direction from down range) where folks had their vehicles parked.

Allow me to say, I made that video and left post haste. I usually only go to that range only on weekdays because it is much more likely I'll be the only shooter there on a weekday. Broke my own rule today by going on a Saturday.