TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    For starters:

Now that this is out of the way.

• Chick with low cut top, ready to catch hot empties with her boobage
    • .308 at the indoor range, muzzle brake attached. I think my ears are still ringing.
    • Guy trying to dial in the laser on his micro pistol. Pistol is on a heavy duty bench rest, dot is wobbling around bullseye, whooooosh, it goes thataway, followed by the boom and a hole god alone knows where. Repeat for an hour.
    • Not gonna count myself out: while waiting for a lane, I go to the bathroom. Meanwhile wife gets a lane assigned and carries both range bags inside. I go to retrieve my hearing protection with fingers in ear. Range employees near enough tackled me ;)
    • Squeeze and squeeze and squeeze trigger, nothing. Brain says: Lets turn the pistol around, look down the barrel and see where the bullet is! Hand says, uh, that feels weird, lets not. Brain catches up and goes oh shit, did I almost...? (trigger on Kel-Tec P11 is loooooong and heavy).

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My personal favorite is the "hunter" that brings his new rifle to the range with no bags/ bipod and jumps right on the 100 yard line.

Seems a few of them are there every time I go.

I modified my range bags to include all my bags and a few bipods just for them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2017
    DFW Area
    Went to gun range in Dallas for my friend's bachelor party. We are all having a good time shooting guns. Turns out in the next lane over there are some guys who clearly are shooting for the first time. They rented two handguns and an AR-15. These people are trying to load the AR and they look like a couple of monkeys doing a math problem. They walk up to me and ask me how to work the AR. I show them how to load the rifle like I am explaining it to a very small child. I then see him try to load 9mm ammo into the magazine of the 45 caliber pistol. I have to point out his mistake to him. At this point I am wondering how stupid are these guys and that they clearly lied about their firearm experience on the range's safety wavier.

Punchline to the whole story is they are not from Texas. They are tourists from New York City.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    And today, kids, we'll learn about Newton's Third Law!

5qoORh4.gif

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Did that shotgun not have a pistol grip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GUNNER51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2017
    TOMBALL
    Dear sirs and madams,

Last Saturday I was at my local range, Spring Guns & Ammo, and there was a gentleman with white curly mop hair shooting an H&K. The gent was shooting MY target! His excuse was that it was a brand new gun but I knew better!

Thanks kindly,
    GUNNER51

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Dear sirs and madams,

Last Saturday I was at my local range, Spring Guns & Ammo, and there was a gentleman with white curly mop hair shooting an H&K. The gent was shooting MY target! His excuse was that it was a brand new gun but I knew better!

Thanks kindly,
    GUNNER51

Ok, this was not me!!!

Although I was there last week shooting my VP40, lol.

ETA: Gunner I am a member there and have white curly hair.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Dear sirs and madams,

Thanks kindly,
    GUNNER51

What really gets me about he "new gun" excuse is that I always shoot best with something I haven't shot before. It's impossible to anticipate the break in the trigger when you don't know it.

GUNNER51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2017
    TOMBALL
    What really gets me about he "new gun" excuse is that I always shoot best with something I haven't shot before. It's impossible to anticipate the break in the trigger when you don't know it.

Younggun,

Yes sir! After dry spells I am a crack shot with beginner's luck when I FINALLY get back to the range. HAHA!

Thanks kindly,
    GUNNER51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2017
    DFW Area
    Dear sirs and madams,

Thanks kindly,
    GUNNER51

I can understand the "new gun" excuse for patterns that are not tight, but for hitting the wrong damn target? That is some special kind of f**k up right there.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I can understand the "new gun" excuse for patterns that are not tight, but for hitting the wrong damn target? That is some special kind of f**k up right there.

Reminds me of qualifying in the military and seeing some of my targets drop before I pulled the trigger.

Guy beside me couldn't qualify and I had more hits than shots fired, lol.

Reactions: ScS

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW

May I see that for a moment? BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG! *shreds bullseye* Well it's not the gun.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Dear sirs and madams,

Thanks kindly,
    GUNNER51

I did that once in a rifle lane at hot wells. I gave the guy a box of 22LR for my faux pa.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2017
    DFW Area
    Reminds me of qualifying in the military and seeing some of my targets drop before I pulled the trigger.

Guy beside me couldn't qualify and I had more hits than shots fired, lol.

Yeah I remember a few instances of that in the Army too. Thankfully I was never that guy.

But that is still one heck of a hook shot to do that with a pistol.

@Gunner how far away was your target?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Dear sirs and madams,

Thanks kindly,
    GUNNER51
    My favorite is the guy with the new hunting rifle, usually a cheap combo kit.

They tend to hit everybody's target but their own.

Makes me feel sorry for the game animals.

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    When I used to shoot at an indoor range, if the guy next to me kept shooting my target, I would shoot the hanger holding his target up causing it to look like a frag grenade went off right in front of it. Hitting the berm right in front of the target did the same thing since so much lead was piled up. I only did this to the people that really needed to go home... The best part was timing the shot so it looked like the shooter did it to his own target. I crack myself up sometimes.... :)

Downhill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2017
    Baird Texas
    We had some college students at the Abilene range a couple years ago. One the female students walked about 5yds downrange and turned to take pictures of her friend firing an AR. The line was hot. The RO immediately began screaming "Cease Fire!" The students could not understand the problem and even tried to argue their case. That is a special kind of stupid.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom