• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riggergreg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Whitewright
    Hey all, I'm new here and have been away from shooting for a few years. I've always had wheel guns, but just got a Glock 26. I took it to the range today and tried to get that old feeling back. It's gonna take more than one trip.......

First off, Just getting used to a semi auto is gonna take some time, Although I did learn where not to have my thumb:eek:. I only bled a little bit.

Second, The Glock has a different grip angle than anything I've ever shot before.

And Third, My breathing, Stance, and general comfort in handling a gun is a bit off after the long layoff.

After about 30 rounds, I started to get the feel of the pistol and felt a little more comfortable. It's still a bit odd with the grip angle of the Glock and having to bend the wrist a bit more than I'm used to.

I put 10 rounds in 4" at 15 feet and 9/10 rds in 6" at twenty feet with one stray.

I used a torso target and every rd was in the body. At least I can still do that.

Feels good to get back into the sport and ready to shoot lots more.
    Target Sports

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome back!

We were away from shooting for 3 years while overseas. We know the feeling of shaking the rust off! Don't worry, it'll come back pretty quick.

Also check your area for TGT shoots. Usually the gangs get together once a month for some meet n greet, shoot and eat fun.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I had a grip reduction done on my Glock 23, and now it is my favorite carry gun. I had the "hump" taken off the back and now the grip angle is very similar to a 1911......

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Howdy,

I have only fired a G26 once, but I liked it. I think it shoots really well with some nice grip extenders (I really love my G19). I was able to put them in a 6" circle at 15 yards, and I'm sure the gun is a bunch better than that.

Personally,I think if you can carry a G26 concealed, you can probably find room for the 19.

That is just my opinion.

Top Bottom