Patriot Mobile

Shall not be infringed, what does that mean?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • "shall not be infringed" means exactly that, I can own anything that can be classified as "arms"

• Total voters

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Today the push is on to ban gun sales to those under 21. (if nothing else I see a SCOTUS case coming out of this, my logic says if I can join the Army and go to war at age 18 then I can buy/own a gun)
    I'm pissed about this one. Did you hear about the guy in oregon, I think it was oregon and now a few other places, that filed age discrimination. If you read into the matter about oregon, you will find some very concerning things. Such as the state can allow this to be discrimination yet the liberals think they should add guns in with items like booze and smokes. This attempt to change laws to fit their vision of America is disgusting! These hypocrites can cry for civil rights yet take them away and yes, I view it as a civil rights issue. Discrimination is discrimination. Democrats just don't want any whites or gun owners on that list.

(Edited for language, I was mad).
    Gun Zone Deals

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There was more than one reason I left Oregon, but this is one of the big reasons. The whole west coast is a conservative's nightmare. Although Portland has been messed up for a long time, Californians in large numbers have been migrating north to Oregon and Washington since the late 80's and they brought their politics.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I'm pissed about this one. Did you hear about the guy in oregon, I think it was oregon and now a few other places, that filed age discrimination. If you read into the matter about oregon, you will find some very concerning things. Such as the state can allow this to be discrimination yet the liberals think they should add guns in with items like booze and smokes. This attempt to change laws to fit their vision of America is disgusting! These hypocrites can cry for civil rights yet take them away and yes, I view it as a civil rights issue. Discrimination is discrimination. Democrats just don't want any whites or gun owners on that list.

(Edited for language, I was mad).
    I understand the age thing, but then the question becomes at what age???? I bought my first at age 10, but I grew with guns. All my life I hear the 2nd is the cornerstone of our Constitution and America. He used to warn me about 'if the govt ever comes for you guns'

I asked Dad one time why he did not hunt? Dad told me growing up on the ranch, in the depression and the dust bowl, if he did not get game or fish, good chance they did not eat much...he had to forage everyday almost.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I understand the age thing, but then the question becomes at what age???? I bought my first at age 10, but I grew with guns. All my life I hear the 2nd is the cornerstone of our Constitution and America. He used to warn me about 'if the govt ever comes for you guns'

I asked Dad one time why he did not hunt? Dad told me growing up on the ranch, in the depression and the dust bowl, if he did not get game or fish, good chance they did not eat much...he had to forage everyday almost.
    Yeah. I am a person that is heavily outdoors and I can relate to that. One of the hurdles gun owners face is debates with people who have technology/services doing everything for them. To them, They can always get meat or fish at the store. A burger joint will always be open. Who needs to go camping? They can just use virtual reality someday. I'm actually ok with that. Just means some of us can get the forest to our self. Lol. Our society is growing less dependant and thus doesn't view a gun as a tool anymore.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Yeah. I am a person that is heavily outdoors and I can relate to that. One of the hurdles gun owners face is debates with people who have technology/services doing everything for them. To them, They can always get meat or fish at the store. A burger joint will always be open. Who needs to go camping? They can just use virtual reality someday. I'm actually ok with that. Just means some of us can get the forest to our self. Lol. Our society is growing less dependant and thus doesn't view a gun as a tool anymore.
    I think you meant to say more dependent upon others (govt) to provide.

My parents grew up and lived in a time where there were NO programs, no free lunch, nothing but hard times. You stood on your own two feet, there was no one to turn to other than family. We as a people have lost our independence. Don't have a cell fone, govt will give you one, half the kids eat breakfast and lunch at school on the taxpayers dime, they are so dependent upon govt fro FREE _____ & _____ etc they cannot survive on their own. Summer to hot, someone brings a fan or AC, winter to cold, govt will pay your bills for you.

All this is EXACTLY wat the govt wants, wads of the state, a helpless and defenseless doing as govt tells you to do, eating what you are given, like Soylent Green, wearing govt issued clothes, living in your compartment, voting the way you are told told vote...

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I think you meant to say more dependent upon others (govt) to provide.

My parents grew up and lived in a time where there were NO programs, no free lunch, nothing but hard times. You stood on your own two feet, there was no one to turn to other than family. We as a people have lost our independence. Don't have a cell fone, govt will give you one, half the kids eat breakfast and lunch at school on the taxpayers dime, they are so dependent upon govt fro FREE _____ & _____ etc they cannot survive on their own. Summer to hot, someone brings a fan or AC, winter to cold, govt will pay your bills for you.

All this is EXACTLY wat the govt wants, wads of the state, a helpless and defenseless doing as govt tells you to do, eating what you are given, like Soylent Green, wearing govt issued clothes, living in your compartment, voting the way you are told told vote...
    Thanks for spotting that.

Edit: reading my post I think I was trying to say less dependant on guns. I had to re read my own rant. When we become less dependant on guns we think we don't need them because someone will always be there or so they think.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    If one says the second only applies to muskets because that was what was available at the time, then freedom of speech does not apply to the internet , twitter , TV, Radio

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    If one says the second only applies to muskets because that was what was available at the time, then freedom of speech does not apply to the internet , twitter , TV, Radio
    Yep, and by that logic, your 4th Amendment protections from unlawful search and seizure don't apply to the ATF, the FBI, the TSA, the NSA, the US Marshals, Homeland Security, or any state or local police department or sheriff's office that wasn't in existence in 1789. Also, wanna plead the Fifth? Not in any Federal or state court - that'll only work with a local magistrate or the Supreme Court. The rest of our legal system was created afterward.

Top Bottom