• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I went to Palacios,Texas this weekend to do some shark fishing. Saturday evening I was fishing the main pier with a friend and we were not catching jack. I noticed a couple of guys fishing another section of pier were tearing up the trout{sand and speckled} I asked where they got live bait at midnight and they turned me on to a baitshop that has an honor box for afterhours and is self serve.SCORE!!!

Palacios is only one square mile so it was only a 2 minute drive to get bait so after dropping a ten in the box I got my pint of live shrimp{ the price was $8 per pint but all I had was a ten} and we were back to the pier where over the next 3 hours we caught our limit on specks and about 60 sand trout{ of which we kept about 15 each}

Next day{ or later that day as it was almost 4 am when we finished } about 2 hours before high tide we went back to the bait shop from the night before and thanked the lady who owns it for having the self serve. Weo bought some more live shrimp, some homemade cookies{ I do like cookies} and headed to a different pier to try for some sharks.

I was fishing for croaker { To use for cut bait} and my friend had to leave for a few. I caught a half dozen or so croakers and had cut one up and set my heavy pole out with it for bait. My friend comes back and starts cutting up bait when he yells SHARK! about that time I see my line go slack, and coming in to the pier. I set the hook an dafter about a 5 minute fight .....40 inch blacktip shark Followed by 2 GIANT gaftop catfish and then my buddy landed a 36 inch blacktip We fished for a couple of more hours and caught 2 more sharks { released, your limit is one} and called it a day.

This morning I had shark steak and trout fillets for breakfast....MMMMMMMM
    Hurley's Gold

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    no pictures? sounds like a good day of fishin, or 2 days... DOn't find many honor boxes these days thats a good find.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Awesome! We went fishing on lake George town Friday night and lightning drove us off the lake.:( 1 guy caught two crappie and Sunday we went to a little pond and he caught two Bass. I lost every thing I hooked at my feet. I was having an off day and couldn't get the hook set for some damn reason. But the guy that caught all the fish was new to bass fishing so it's good that he was having luck. Congrats on the Shark's last time I went out for shark we didn't catch jack. (jack as in jack Sh#%)

Top Bottom