• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    After watching the great reviews on youtube, I decided I need (want) one of these. Just placed an order for one. I will test it out and maybe post a little review after my monthly range trip in September.

https://store.srcarms.com/product-p/srcxpbcg.htm

A few things that sold me on the idea of the SRC BCG are the beveled lugs (I always wondered why they weren't all beveled), the S7 steel, the DLC coating, and the slightly larger rear end to reduce bolt tilt.

I actually don't need a new BCG at all. The PSA premium and Aim Surplus black nitride BCG have worked just fine. Okay, maybe I do need it just a little bit. I have three uppers, two 5.56s and one 300 blk, but only two BCGs. There, it's been justified. :)

Twang & Bang video

Sootch00 video
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I installed the SRC BCG in my PSA Premium upper and fired 100 rounds of Federal AE .223 through it. As far as a range report, there is not really much to say about a BCG. This one functioned perfectly, just like my Aim Surplus Black Nitride BCG. The machining of the bolt and carrier are excellent. The gas key is well staked. The finish is very smooth and apparently very hard, as there are absolutely no wear marks anywhere. I ran it wet, just like any other BCG.

Clean up was a breeze with it taking just a clean cloth to wipe away the exterior carbon. The tail of the bolt and the inside of the carrier where the bolt fits needed a bit of scraping with the Botach KZ carbon removal tool to remove the burned on carbon, but it came off fairly easy.

According to my kitchen scale, this Sharps BCG is about ½ ounce heavier than the Aim Surplus BCG. Not a big deal, as the PSA upper is a bit over gassed anyway. Ejection was strong and consistent to the 2 0'clock position and 6-8 ft out.

Is it worth the $165 price? I don't know at this point. 100 rounds is not really much of a test. The $100 Aim Surplus Black Nitride has worked well for a little over 1k rounds.

Top Bottom