• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Random thought that's been on my mind lately. Who here shaves with a safety or straight razor? What do you prefer and why? My face absolutely hates modern multi-blade razors, so I recently decided to try out a classic safety razor. Hopefully in a few days I'll have a package in the mail. Decided to start out with a Merkur HD 34C and got a variety of blades to get a feel for what I like. Despite how I may come off to people sometimes, I am always a big fan of "classic" stuff, and definitely think some (okay maybe a LOT) of that manly panache is seriously lacking these days (at least with younger generations). One of my favorite "modern" icons is Steve McQueen, if that's any indicator. ;) So what do you like to use to keep that manly viking beard in check? ;)
    Gun Zone Deals

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I am trying some new razors, schick hydro 5, coupled with some neutrogena face wash, shave cream( not that frothy crap in a can) followed up with their post shave lotion. It has been working great. I too want to try straight/ safety razors though. I hear it takes a little bit for your face to get used to the extreme close shave.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    You guys are lucky. I don't get hair on my cheeks, at all, just between them... Both sets...

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Fushion works for me, they last over a week sometimes longer and no shaving cream, I use glycerine soap instead. makes great lather.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I haven't shaved since Oct 2010. I use a beard trimmer and rock stubble or just have a beard. I have stupid ass sensitive skin that bumps up after I shave and it burns and itches like hell. I have to shave Friday morning for a SCBA fit test. Not excited. I literally do not own a razor so I'll follow this thread and buy one.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    A few years ago I switched to a classic safety razor and real shaving cream. I am talking the stuff in the tube that you put in a bowl, whip up, and apply with a brush.

I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THE MODERN RAZOR AND CREAM.

The shave is extremely close/smooth. Your face is not irritated by all the crap they put in modern aerosol creams. And after the initial investment in the razor it is much less expensive over the long run.

I tried the straight razor once. Once. Cut the ever living s**t out of myself. Haven't had the cajones to try again.

MK

Sent from an undisclosed location.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    ole Vac will shave and throw on some of the musk oil and long pants and go to town on Saturday nights:cowboy:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I switched from shaving cream to regular bar soap years ago and will never go back. No more irritation from all the crap chemicals in those cans.

This is a pics of me shaving...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397097494.654437.jpg

Top Bottom