• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Yeah Ive had my eye on a few early 1940's safety razors, but I kind of want a Shavette. Im not worried about cutting myself its all in the technique. All I know is Multi blade razors suck I use the single blade on the backside to shave my whole face.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    dunno about a shavette, but i use (or used) a gold dollar straight that was honed like a sonofabitch and i now have a perma scar on my face from a nasty cut i gave myself a few months ago.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    didn't stretch your skin enough, or wrong blade angle?

i think i may have either moved the blade, or moved my face, which cause the blade to slice at the same time i was drawing downward to cut the hair, so i got a nice little skin flap that bled like crazy. i actually had to run out to my car and get the first aid kit. slathered some AD ointment on it and finished up with a DE blade.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    i think i may have either moved the blade, or moved my face, which cause the blade to slice at the same time i was drawing downward to cut the hair, so i got a nice little skin flap that bled like crazy. i actually had to run out to my car and get the first aid kit. slathered some AD ointment on it and finished up with a DE blade.

Damn that sucks.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    128457_Gillette-Fusion-ProGlide-Rasierer_xxl.jpg

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    If shaving with a straight razor or Shavette makes you feel more like a man, you got other problems that should be addressed first.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Mike, thumbs down here on that. If you want to go straight razor then you better be in control of the edge. Blades get dull...fast and shaving with a straight razor is not easy, the sharper the better, dull pulls and causes you to cut yourself as a result.

I know shaving: I was in an explosion that burned my face off. I was shipped off to the leading place at that time to do what they could. Somehow I have no scars, albeit I has some scarring under my chin for a few years it went away. But what I was left with was some REALLY thin skin that burnt when the sun hit it, unlike the rest of me that turns mexican brown.

Shaving for me has been a daily painful exp. After 5 days worth I begin to start bleeding due to my skin being so thin, so I take weekends off from the shave as a prepare for Mon.

My adult life has been a trek of trying to find a better way. I have tried every shaving cream there is, electrics, pre shaves, after shaves (which most felt like splashing gasoline on my face then lighting it).

To add insult to injury growing a beard is worse, my skin breaks out with any more than about 3 or 4 days of growth.

What I recommend: Shaving lube: 'King of Shaves' Perhaps the best formulation of a lube for the shaving effort in our history. WOW, when I discovered this it was a true breakthrough on comfortable shaving and protecting your skin from a razor. I have been able to double the life of my blades. King of Shaves Shaving Gels, Oils, Razors and Blades in the USA | King of Shaves

Razor set up: Gillete ProGlide Silver Touch Power Razor Gillette Fusion ProGlide SilverTouch Razor

"all I want is a close shave, not a self sacrifice" Bill Cosby

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I get my shaving supplies from Art of Shaving.

This is 2013 damn it.

I guess next you guys will be wanting to try going back to wiping your asses with sticks and bathing in wash tubs once a month.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I get my shaving supplies from Art of Shaving.

This is 2013 damn it.

I guess next you guys will be wanting to try going back to wiping your asses with sticks and bathing in wash tubs once a month.
    LOL, how right you are. While straight razor and the old way sounds kinda cool, the fact is my father used a straight razor for many years till the (and NOTE the name of the early razors) SAFETY razors....It was rare that a man of those days did not have scars on his face and the SAFETY razor solved that. I used one and remember when Gillete came out with the SUPER Blue blades, even then we cut our faces...

Top Bottom