• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I ran into burning houses and worked on ambulance in the hood where people would try to attack us, and try break into the ambulance to drag us off and beat us for helping someone. Ive also had guns in my face....
    Texas SOT

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I ran into burning houses and worked on ambulance in the hood where people would try to attack us, and try break into the ambulance to drag us off and beat us for helping someone. Ive also had guns in my face....
    Yes, Yes, fine. But do you shave with a straight razor?

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    last two times Ive shaved its burned my face...first shave was awesome Im fucking up somewhere maybe too much pressure. Oh well **** it

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I've said it once before and I'll say it again - Gillette Mach 3 Turbo - dry - hot water to rinse the blade when clogged. You may break out with some irritated red patches the first few times. But fret not, soon your skin will be tough as horsehide and you can dry shave all day and not only save money on creams, gels, and foams - but if done right you virtually eliminate the possibility of cutting yourself. Razor cuts happen when the blade moves perpendicular to the face. Over-lubrication leads to unintentional slippage. Don't take my word for it, try it yourself. Just don't be a wuss about it when your break out a couple of times. It's your skin getting used to it... and for all those worried about damaging your kisser, I'm about to be 37 and I still get carded for cigarettes regularly so I don't believe it adversely affects your skin too much.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    last two times Ive shaved its burned my face...first shave was awesome Im fucking up somewhere maybe too much pressure. Oh well **** it

Zero pressure.
    Multiple passes.
    First with the grain, second across the grain, final against the grain.
    Lather up between each pass. Keep lather wet during the passed. If it dries out you're not using enough.
    Shower then shave after.
    Use a good aftershave. Embrace the burn. ;)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Tried that King of Shaves stuff yesterday. I like it. Doesn't foam up like gel from a can, so you can see better to get lines just right. OTOH, because it doesn't foam so much, makes it easier to miss a patch because it's harder to see where you've been. No worries just over everything twice to make sure. Feels good. (got the menthol/aloe stuff.) But I want see how it is with about 4 days growth.

Use soap and a brush like a real man.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Zero pressure.
    Multiple passes.
    First with the grain, second across the grain, final against the grain.
    Lather up between each pass. Keep lather wet during the passed. If it dries out you're not using enough.
    Shower then shave after.
    Use a good aftershave. Embrace the burn. ;)

Ill try this

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Mitchell's wool fat shaving soap is my go to soap.

Mediocre brushes for cheap can be found at CVS.

CO Bigelow (proraso from bath and body works)
    Taylor Of Old Bond - Jermyn St.

edit: i also have a tube of Arko Commando that i love, however i dont know if its made anymore and it is tought to find, so i use it only occasionally.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom