She says, "NO MORE GUNS"!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by GULFPILOT, Jul 4, 2008.

1. GULFPILOT

GULFPILOT Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Ausin, Texas
    Well, the old lady has finally put her foot down. She thinks I have too many guns, and she's right.....kinda. I made the decision a few months ago that I would stop buying guns and start to stockpile ammo. She came home yesterday to find 10k rounds from Natchez sitting at the front door. She immediately called me and said...well I cant type here what she said, but ya'll get the idea. All I said is "it's not guns" :D

2. chevydeerhunter

chevydeerhunter Well-Known

Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    All I can do is laugh!
    "It's not guns!"

Brilliant!:D

3. ambidextrous1

ambidextrous1 Member

Have you considered selling her to the Gypsies? ;)

Just kidding...

4. baboon

baboon Well-Known

Well there are accessories to be bought. Are you set up for reloading? Nothing like using your guns to go out & kill something, prefferably something tasty.

5. Kerbouchard

Kerbouchard Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    The day my wife told me 'no more guns' would be the day I told her 'no more shoes'...Then we would have to see who could hold out longer.

6. Slotback

Slotback Member

Mar 10, 2008
    I hope it never gets to that with Mrs. Slotback...but then again, she does like to shoot...should not be a future problem.

7. xrocket

xrocket New Member

Man, I know how it is. My wife, who I dearly love said NO MORE too ... bummer. Now, before anyone plays the man up card on me understand we've been married thirty years come next march and I want to keep it that way. My toys far out number hers at least twenty to one. I digress.

So, since I can't buy any more for awhile ( I keep telling that FFL to stop calling the house every time one shows up and that I will contact him), I started upgrading two of my Sigs which by the time I'm finished will be about equal to buying two more new ones.

Bar-sto compensated barrels
    Gray Guns SRT & action jobs
    Heinie SlantPro night sights
    Houge Extreme Aluminum grips
    De-horn and refinish
    & a few extra odds and ends to finish

When she ask about the boxes showing up I just say it's a few parts dear, not another gun. There is more than one way to get around a skirt!

8. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    My wife also shoots so I do not have your problem.My wife was very antigun but she has come over to the dark side.:D

9. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    My wife is an avid hunter and shooter. Whenever I say I want to get something, she says "I don't care, if we have the money". Nice...

10. justinmitchell82

justinmitchell82 New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Every day occurence

This seems to be a trend with the ladies now-a-days cause my wife said the same thing when I wanted to buy me a handgun.. So what I did is just sold the guns I seldom used or ones that had no sentimental value(guns I had as a child or ones given to me be parents or relatives)to me. Sold three guns and bought me an hk usp 45. In the end it worked out nicely. It is an option. You know you have a couple your not in love with just let'em free.... :)