• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GULFPILOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Ausin, Texas
    Well, the old lady has finally put her foot down. She thinks I have too many guns, and she's right.....kinda. I made the decision a few months ago that I would stop buying guns and start to stockpile ammo. She came home yesterday to find 10k rounds from Natchez sitting at the front door. She immediately called me and said...well I cant type here what she said, but ya'll get the idea. All I said is "it's not guns" :D
    Hurley's Gold

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    The day my wife told me 'no more guns' would be the day I told her 'no more shoes'...Then we would have to see who could hold out longer.

Slotback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    The day my wife told me 'no more guns' would be the day I told her 'no more shoes'...Then we would have to see who could hold out longer.

I hope it never gets to that with Mrs. Slotback...but then again, she does like to shoot...should not be a future problem.

xrocket

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man, I know how it is. My wife, who I dearly love said NO MORE too ... bummer. Now, before anyone plays the man up card on me understand we've been married thirty years come next march and I want to keep it that way. My toys far out number hers at least twenty to one. I digress.

So, since I can't buy any more for awhile ( I keep telling that FFL to stop calling the house every time one shows up and that I will contact him), I started upgrading two of my Sigs which by the time I'm finished will be about equal to buying two more new ones.

Bar-sto compensated barrels
    Gray Guns SRT & action jobs
    Heinie SlantPro night sights
    Houge Extreme Aluminum grips
    De-horn and refinish
    & a few extra odds and ends to finish

When she ask about the boxes showing up I just say it's a few parts dear, not another gun. There is more than one way to get around a skirt!

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    My wife also shoots so I do not have your problem.My wife was very antigun but she has come over to the dark side.:D

justinmitchell82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Every day occurence

This seems to be a trend with the ladies now-a-days cause my wife said the same thing when I wanted to buy me a handgun.. So what I did is just sold the guns I seldom used or ones that had no sentimental value(guns I had as a child or ones given to me be parents or relatives)to me. Sold three guns and bought me an hk usp 45. In the end it worked out nicely. It is an option. You know you have a couple your not in love with just let'em free.... :)

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Hell just fly em in under the radar and when she asks you about a certain
    weapon you say ....What! this old things been in the safe for years;)

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    My wife said that I had enough when I bought my HK Expert and I 'attempted' to inform her that I only had two guns, the one's I had and the one's that I want.

Top Bottom