Shiner tour

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DCortez, Apr 25, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Has anyone taken the Shiner tour? Is it worth the trip from Houston? Is the 100th anniversary.

We took the Bacardi tour in PR. Was fast (10-15 minutes) and they didn't really show you anything. BUT, you did get to sit out on the pavilion on the water and drink any rum they made and as much of it as you wanted.

2. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Shiner used to be a great place to have a lot of fun, but that was back before Shiner was a "cool" beer. I remember harvest festivals and the like out there.

I don't know how much it's changed, unfortunately probably too much, but it might be a cool day trip out there.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Member

Nov 2, 2008
    I have. They give everyone three wooden nickels that can be exchanged for glasses of beer. The tour is pretty amazing and filled with history. I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure everyone would. It's pretty neat that they can produce so much GREAT beer with a handfull of employees. :texas:

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Time to buy the kids some fake moustaches.

5. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Yea what is it like 80 0r 88 employee's. I tried to get the wife to make a detour there when we went to Katy to pick or dogs up.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Member

Nov 2, 2008
    55 employees....is what I remember. The oldest was 70 something. Still enjoyed his job. Those people were one happy family! www.shiner.com

7. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    My dad did it, I'll tell him to post about it.

I'd like to go do it.

We should make a TGT event out of it. LOL.

8. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Now we're talking. Another great place for an event would be Luckenbach.....you've got music, beer, and a great place to hang out & chat.

9. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hey hey, we'll hit up that function!:banger:

We've done a tour or two. First was the Bud brewery in Jax, Florida. The second was the Sapporo Brewery in Hokkaido, JP. We had a great time! Nothing like hitting The Sampler at 1030am on a 0* February morning :happy0001:

Ohh, btw, Japanese drink beer at any time of the day. As early as 9am and it isn't considered faux paux, alcoholic or illegal. Yall should have seen the 'sports days' we'd have with JP squadrons on Saturday mornings!

10. Texasgordo

Texasgordo TGT Addict

May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas

That place is 10 minutes from my house and I have never taken the tour.:banghead:

I will go someday! :texas: