• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Has anyone taken the Shiner tour? Is it worth the trip from Houston? Is the 100th anniversary.

We took the Bacardi tour in PR. Was fast (10-15 minutes) and they didn't really show you anything. BUT, you did get to sit out on the pavilion on the water and drink any rum they made and as much of it as you wanted.
    Texas SOT

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Shiner used to be a great place to have a lot of fun, but that was back before Shiner was a "cool" beer. I remember harvest festivals and the like out there.

I don't know how much it's changed, unfortunately probably too much, but it might be a cool day trip out there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I have. They give everyone three wooden nickels that can be exchanged for glasses of beer. The tour is pretty amazing and filled with history. I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure everyone would. It's pretty neat that they can produce so much GREAT beer with a handfull of employees.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I have. They give everyone three wooden nickels that can be exchanged for glasses of beer. The tour is pretty amazing and filled with history. I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure everyone would. It's pretty neat that they can produce so much GREAT beer with a handfull of employees.

Yea what is it like 80 0r 88 employee's. I tried to get the wife to make a detour there when we went to Katy to pick or dogs up.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hey hey, we'll hit up that function!

We've done a tour or two. First was the Bud brewery in Jax, Florida. The second was the Sapporo Brewery in Hokkaido, JP. We had a great time! Nothing like hitting The Sampler at 1030am on a 0* February morning

Ohh, btw, Japanese drink beer at any time of the day. As early as 9am and it isn't considered faux paux, alcoholic or illegal. Yall should have seen the 'sports days' we'd have with JP squadrons on Saturday mornings!

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Has anyone taken the Shiner tour? Is it worth the trip from Houston? Is the 100th anniversary.

We took the Bacardi tour in PR. Was fast (10-15 minutes) and they didn't really show you anything. BUT, you did get to sit out on the pavilion on the water and drink any rum they made and as much of it as you wanted.

That place is 10 minutes from my house and I have never taken the tour.:banghead:

I will go someday!

Top Bottom