• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • syvil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    syvil
    Hi All,

I'm new here I just purchased my first handgun a SW40VE from an online retailer and had it shipped to a local FFL dealer in my area. I filled out all the paperwork and after a phone call to the FBI he said it was delayed and if he didn't hear anything back by Saturday I could in and pick up my gun. I provided all my correct info and SS#

Back in 2002 when I was 17 years old I was charged with a Class A misdemeanor for interfering with a 911 emergency call... long story short when I was in high school I was at a party and a fight broke out. Someone said they were calling the cops I grabbed their phone and told them it was resolved and over they called anyway and I was slapped with that charge when the cops showed up and that person told the cops what happened. I spent a night in jail and my very unhappy father bailed me out the next day. I paid a $500 fine and haven't been in any trouble since.

GC §411.172. ELIGIBILITY
    (8) has not, in the five years preceding the date of application, been convicted of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense or of an offense under Section 42.01, Penal Code, or equivalent offense;

Since 2002 I have not been in any kind of trouble besides a few traffic tickets and a car accident that was not my fault and have no outstanding tickets or warrants so I shouldn't have any issues. I'm just wondering is my misdemeanor is most likely what flagged my FFL transfer.

Thanks in advance.
    DK Firearms

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    That's CHL eligibility. It's been more than 5 years anyway so you're fine.

Who knows why you got delayed. Happened to me several times before I got a CHL. Frustrating.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Back in 2002 when I was 17 years old I was charged with a Class A misdemeanor for interfering with a 911 emergency call... long story short when I was in high school I was at a party and a fight broke out. Someone said they were calling the cops I grabbed their phone and told them it was resolved and over they called anyway and I was slapped with that charge when the cops showed up and that person told the cops what happened.

1st rule of any party is GTFO before the cops show up.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I used to get delayed too, before I got my CHL (that was also delayed). It doesn't mean anything... you just have to sweat it out a little.

syvil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    syvil
    That's CHL eligibility. It's been more than 5 years anyway so you're fine.

Who knows why you got delayed. Happened to me several times before I got a CHL. Frustrating.

I'll just have to wait it out.

1st rule of any party is GTFO before the cops show up.

Trust me I learned this the hard way

I used to get delayed too, before I got my CHL (that was also delayed). It doesn't mean anything... you just have to sweat it out a little.

I'm not worried about it just wondering really since this is my first purchase

Delayed beats denied, everytime :)

I agree :)

If getting delayed is a regular thing and you don't want to get a CHL, I think the ATF has a form for that.

This is my first purchase but I plan on getting my CHL after this :)

Top Bottom