• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    You should be able to ship it directly to him via UPS or FedEx since it's in state. From the BATFE rules:

(B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?
    A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    You can ship by UPS or FedEx, however they both require next day air shipment which is pricey. Unless you hold and FFL, you can't ship USPS.

And for both UPS and FedEx, you can't go to their small outlet retail shops to ship. You must go to the hub, or use their pick up service if you are set up for that.

All a big PIA

blacksunshine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    You can ship by UPS or FedEx, however they both require next day air shipment which is pricey. Unless you hold and FFL, you can't ship USPS.

And for both UPS and FedEx, you can't go to their small outlet retail shops to ship. You must go to the hub, or use their pick up service if you are set up for that.

All a big PIA

Well, it will save me nearly $200 as opposed to purchasing this same gun retail....so that is why I am interested... :D

That and it would save about $50 in gas and 8 hours of drive time...

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Well tell you what, I'm up here in Dallas and my sister is in Round Rock, and I've got a tankful of diesel....

So would that make me a gun runner??? or a delivery service?

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    While BATF laws say it's ok in state, Fedex and UPS don't allow shipping between non-FFL's as their own rule. So between BATF and the 2 common carriers that you can use, non-FFL's are still hosed. :D

BTW, it should be easy enough, and the about the same $$$ to have FFL's do it.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    From the Fedex Website:

EDIT: damn thing won't cut-n-paste right. :banghead:

It validated what JKTex said about Fedex. I assume he's right about UPS too.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Depending on how you interpret UPS's rules, you can ship firearms from a UPS Customer Center (typically at airports and UPS depots) to another individual not prohibited from possessing firearms.

UPS said:
    Shipping Firearms

Special Procedures for Shipping Firearms
    Use These UPS Services for Your Firearm Shipment
    UPS accepts packages containing firearms, as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code, for transportation from and between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors, as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code, law enforcement agencies of the United States (or of any department or agency of the United States) and law enforcement agencies of any state or department agency (or political subdivision of any state), and from and between persons not otherwise prohibited from shipping firearms by federal, state or local law and when such shipment complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient and package.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Depending on how you interpret UPS's rules, you can ship firearms from a UPS Customer Center (typically at airports and UPS depots) to another individual not prohibited from possessing firearms.

Interesting. It looks like they've changed something as I don't recall seeing that in the past. It used to be clear nothing between non-FFL's.

However I'll add this, both times I've shipped mine, UPS asked what the purpose for shipping was and they are looking for the right answer, and selling to an individual is not the answer they wanted to hear. Most recently was about a month ago when I shipped it to a custom builder for some work.

I'd have the seller contact the Customer Counter (if he's in the DFW area it may be the airport hub where I ship from. They're great there too) to confirm. Otherwise, as long as he declares is a handgun, he's good. If they ask why it's being shipped, he may want to have a copy of those UPS regulations in case they say no-go.

I'll also say, at the UPS counter at DFW, they've never flinched about it being a gun. They DO have to open the box to confirm, but they're really casual as they should be. But again, I'd ask them about shipping in state. It may be OK now??

Top Bottom