Shipping ammo

Axxe55

Trophy Husband. Just Ask My Wife!
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
I was told it needed to be a distribution center not "Customer Center" though you may be right. 1-800 told me an address in Baytown. I located it but no local number. Called the 800 number associated with that address got an absolute idiot. I said "I want to ship ammunition." about 5 times. She could not grasp what I was trying to convey until I said "I want to ship BOOOOLETS!" then she got it. The she start in on how to package. I know that I want to know if I can drop at that location - never got an answer.
Customer Centers are what UPS calls their distribution centers.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
Jul 14, 2020
USA
Customer Centers are what UPS calls their distribution centers.
OK... so here's the bla...bla...bla... from that locations advertising...

Visit UPS Customer Center in BAYTOWN, a self-service location to drop off pre-packaged pre-labeled shipments, create a new shipment using a self-service kiosk, print mobile shipping labels, and utilize Hold for Pick Up services. Usually located on-site at UPS distribution or operation facilities.
ETA: Please not the word "Usually" associated with the UPS distribution or operation facilities.

Axxe55

Trophy Husband. Just Ask My Wife!
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
OK... so here's the bla...bla...bla... from that locations advertising...

Visit UPS Customer Center in BAYTOWN, a self-service location to drop off pre-packaged pre-labeled shipments, create a new shipment using a self-service kiosk, print mobile shipping labels, and utilize Hold for Pick Up services. Usually located on-site at UPS distribution or operation facilities.
Looks like maybe they changed things up since I was there.

Mohawk600

Well-Known
Mar 31, 2018
Austin
I need/want to send some 9mm ammunition to my daughter in S.C.. I searched a bit on here and came up with nothing. I checked the UPS site and it's doable just gotta jump through labeling hoops and drop-off location hoops. What's the easiest way to ship ammo? Anybody gotta clue?
The easiest way is not to ship it. Just give your daughter the money you would pay in shipping fees/time and she can buy it there on her own cheaper......unless you are sending big bulk

crzy_one

Aug 29, 2011
Austin
I shipped 400rds of .308 a few months back and it only cost me $15 using UPS. Went to their main hub in Austin and was in and out in less than 5 minutes. I was surprised how simple it was. Before going I printed out a few of the hazmat warnings and taped them to the box.

Top Bottom