• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I need/want to send some 9mm ammunition to my daughter in S.C.. I searched a bit on here and came up with nothing. I checked the UPS site and it's doable just gotta jump through labeling hoops and drop-off location hoops. What's the easiest way to ship ammo? Anybody gotta clue?
    Hurley's Gold

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I know that something changes in December regarding that. There was a discussion on that this last summer but it may not have been on TGT. Seemed to me there was a reference to it on UPS’s site.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    All my online ammo comes via FedEx and I've ordered from multiple vendors including one delivery this past week. I've never shipped ammo but assume no issue unless the destination state has an issue with small arms ordinance deliveries.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Yeah it is "issue". USPS will not ship. Fed-Ex requires an account. UPS requires drop-off at distribution center but no one on 800 line or iNet chat can tell me where one is.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Shipping ammo is a hassle..........don't fall for the...."I send it through the mail all the time" claims......that you find on some sites...........

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yeah it is "issue". USPS will not ship. Fed-Ex requires an account. UPS requires drop-off at distribution center but no one on 800 line or iNet chat can tell me where one is.

What you are looking for is a UPS Customer Center.

Put in your zip code and it should list any near you.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    What you are looking for is a UPS Customer Center.

Put in your zip code and it should list any near you.

I was told it needed to be a distribution center not "Customer Center" though you may be right. 1-800 told me an address in Baytown. I located it but no local number. Called the 800 number associated with that address got an absolute idiot. I said "I want to ship ammunition." about 5 times. She could not grasp what I was trying to convey until I said "I want to ship BOOOOLETS!" then she got it. The she start in on how to package. I know that I want to know if I can drop at that location - never got an answer.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    The following is the only thing that needs to be on the packaging besides the shipping label and it only needs once instance of it.

1606514672723.png

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I was told it needed to be a distribution center not "Customer Center" though you may be right. 1-800 told me an address in Baytown. I located it but no local number. Called the 800 number associated with that address got an absolute idiot. I said "I want to ship ammunition." about 5 times. She could not grasp what I was trying to convey until I said "I want to ship BOOOOLETS!" then she got it. The she start in on how to package. I know that I want to know if I can drop at that location - never got an answer.

Customer Centers are what UPS calls their distribution centers.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Customer Centers are what UPS calls their distribution centers.
    OK... so here's the bla...bla...bla... from that locations advertising...

Visit UPS Customer Center in BAYTOWN, a self-service location to drop off pre-packaged pre-labeled shipments, create a new shipment using a self-service kiosk, print mobile shipping labels, and utilize Hold for Pick Up services. Usually located on-site at UPS distribution or operation facilities.
    ETA: Please not the word "Usually" associated with the UPS distribution or operation facilities.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    OK... so here's the bla...bla...bla... from that locations advertising...

Visit UPS Customer Center in BAYTOWN, a self-service location to drop off pre-packaged pre-labeled shipments, create a new shipment using a self-service kiosk, print mobile shipping labels, and utilize Hold for Pick Up services. Usually located on-site at UPS distribution or operation facilities.

Looks like maybe they changed things up since I was there.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I need/want to send some 9mm ammunition to my daughter in S.C.. I searched a bit on here and came up with nothing. I checked the UPS site and it's doable just gotta jump through labeling hoops and drop-off location hoops. What's the easiest way to ship ammo? Anybody gotta clue?
    The easiest way is not to ship it. Just give your daughter the money you would pay in shipping fees/time and she can buy it there on her own cheaper......unless you are sending big bulk

crzy_one

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Austin
    I shipped 400rds of .308 a few months back and it only cost me $15 using UPS. Went to their main hub in Austin and was in and out in less than 5 minutes. I was surprised how simple it was. Before going I printed out a few of the hazmat warnings and taped them to the box.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom