• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I know what to do. I'm trying to find the place I can drop if off.

She called me today and wanted to know if .60 a round was good for white box winchester. Uhhhh... NO! and at that she was limited to one box.

Buying on line? No deal there. I bought 8 - 200 round monarch boxes. With tax it came out ~0.23 a round. I can ship 3 boxes(5#'s each box) cheaper than she can get it local or order it on line even with shipping cost. There is no "up charge" for ammunition below a certain gross weight.
    Military Camp

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I was told it needed to be a distribution center not "Customer Center" though you may be right. 1-800 told me an address in Baytown. I located it but no local number. Called the 800 number associated with that address got an absolute idiot. I said "I want to ship ammunition." about 5 times. She could not grasp what I was trying to convey until I said "I want to ship BOOOOLETS!" then she got it. The she start in on how to package. I know that I want to know if I can drop at that location - never got an answer.
    You need to take it to a Customer Service Center that is run by UPS, they always have one at the main distribution HUBS. Since you said Bayton I presume you are in the Houston area. On Google Earth type in "UPS Distribution Center" and town you live in or close to you. It doesn't need to be a main hub, just a place that the delivery trucks go out from. Tell me your town and I can tell you where to go, well go to UPS. For instance I live in the big town of Fredericksburg and would need to take gun parts ( includes guns, optics, slings etc) to the distribution center in Kerrville.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    You need to take it to a Customer Service Center that is run by UPS, they always have one at the main distribution HUBS. Since you said Bayton I presume you are in the Houston area. On Google Earth type in "UPS Distribution Center" and town you live in or close to you. It doesn't need to be a main hub, just a place that the delivery trucks go out from. Tell me your town and I can tell you where to go, well go to UPS. For instance I live in the big town of Fredericksburg and would need to take gun parts ( includes guns, optics, slings etc) to the distribution center in Kerrville.
    There is another way! Tell your daughter, who happens to have a UPS account, to provide shipping label and scheduled pick-up! Which I did... then she did... and UPS will between the hours of 7am - 9pm on Monday. Problem solved! :banana:

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    The following is the only thing that needs to be on the packaging besides the shipping label and it only needs once instance of it.

View attachment 235228

With that Ordinance sticker on there (which is required, I know), every package handler and other person who sees it will know what’s in it.

In these times of ammo shortages, be sure you’ve got insurance on the package. I suspect the chance of the package being “lost” is fairly high.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Yeah it is "issue". USPS will not ship. Fed-Ex requires an account. UPS requires drop-off at distribution center but no one on 800 line or iNet chat can tell me where one is.

What you are looking for is a UPS Customer Center.

Put in your zip code and it should list any near you.

Customer Center is the correct term.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Golly, folks are making this quite convoluted and thus complicated with bogus names for UPS Customer Centers. Do not search for hubs, nor distribution centers but only for UPS Customer Centers. Do it at UPS's site. Go to the UPS site here to search for locations:

Put in the location where you are located or where you want to find a UPS Customer Center. Hit enter. Scroll down the list list until you see the nearest Customer Center. Don't know if the other guy was correct but saw someone mentioned you are in or near Baytown, TX. If so, it seems the nearest Customer center to Baytown is:

UPS CC - BAYTOWN
    5421 INTERSTATE 10 HWY, BAYTOWN, TX, 77521-9612
    Tel: 8007425877

There are at least 5 UPS Customer centers within 20 miles of so of the metro Houston area (assuming that is the right area).

If Baytown is not correct just check at the link I gave for the town you want to use as the basis for the search. You can also limit the search to look only for Customer centers.

UPS is very easy to use for shipping ammo. Hardly ever any issues unless you get a clerk who is a moron. I ship through them with fair frequency.

Last edited:

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I hope the OP did get it done. All you got to do is label it, ORM-D it, insure it and request a pick up.
    If it’s going to a podunk place it will be pricey; coast to coast is cheap.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Last ammo I shipped, I just put the black/white diamond (dangerous goods) label and had no problems. Shipped via UPS as FedEx was PITA!

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    A box? It won’t ge cheap, but with an ORMD sticker it’s good to go with FEDEX or UPS.

I can't help except to say congratulations - for having a daughter who wants ammo.

Indeed, congrats! You raised her the right way.

66vette

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2019
    U.S.A.
    The following is the only thing that needs to be on the packaging besides the shipping label and it only needs once instance of it.

View attachment 235228
    100% correct.
    That is a ORM-D label.
    Just make your label & make sure you have the black & white ORMD label on the box.
    Very simple........
    I have a UPS account & print labels at my office.
    I have shipped ammo numerous times in the past.

Last edited:

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I dare someone to try and hand draw that label with a sharpie on a single box of ammo and post it with individual stamps......like to see how that goes.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I dare someone to try and hand draw that label with a sharpie on a single box of ammo and post it with individual stamps......like to see how that goes.
    Nobody mentioned stamps. Or USPS.
    I've shipped ammo quite a few times. Have received ammo from individuals also.

It's not complicated. The rules and laws are black and white. No grey areas.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom