• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arordonez84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    I came across this post on Texas gun trader the guy is asking 2500 for a bushmaster :) but states that he can mail it anywhere in Texas. Can I a non FFL holder send you a non FFL holder a gun?
    Capitol Armory ad

wgsigs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    DFW
    I need some clarification because I am a little confused on a couple of points.

Long guns can be mailed directly intrastate without an FFL on either end. Right?

Handguns can not be mailed by a non-FFL even intrastate, but must be sent either UPS or Fed-Ex. Does it have to be shipped to an FFL since face-to-face transactions within a state between residents currently don't require an FFL? Of course, if an FFL is required on the receiving end, he has be one who is willing to accept a shipment from a non-FFL, but that is personal preference and not law.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Are you sure about that??? Please cite the law for me that says pistols can not be transferred inside the state without going through a FFL. My understanding is that is an urban myth.

I think we had a thread on here before the crash that covered this.

Here is what I found on the ATF Online site, it does not make any differentiation between handguns and long guns when using a common or contract carrier.

He is incorrect. There is another current thread with the correct info. This seems to be a common misconception.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-nauseam-but-i-need-definite-sure-answer.html

Last edited:
    Top Bottom